Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home a few hours ago from my first time ever riding a motorcycle at the MSF course, and I must say, it was amazing.

While in the class I was glad to talk about everything and just make sure I had the basic knowledge, but all I could think about was actually getting on the range.

Once I got on the bike and started that engine, I couldn't stop smiling because I had never felt that feeling of a motorcycle between my legs before and it was great.

I was pretty nervous getting into it, and at the point where we have to power walk it across the range, put it in neutral, and turn around, I COULD NOT get it in neutral and it was the worst thing ever and I wondered how on earth could I do the rest of the tasks if I can't get it in neutral. After the instructor saw me struggling time after time, he helped me out, but it turned out that the gears were bent and it was even difficult for him to do it as he had to try about 5 times before it worked. However, afterwards got an awesome confidence boost because everything I did needed slight correction the first time then I perfected each skill pretty easily and the instructors kept saying perfect.

My favorite was definitely practicing turning by just going in an oval as if it were a race track because I got pretty fast and actually got comfortable going really low in the turns and actually found that I had less chicken strips afterwards somehow which I thought was just amazing and surprising and everyone in the class kept asking me if it was my first time on a bike and I told them yeah and they were absolutely surprised.

Anyways, great, positive experience for me on my first day and can't wait for tomorrow, hoping I do even better. One lady quit before it was even lunch and one dropped it on the first exercise but hey it is to be expected and glad I was able to hold it together. I was also the youngest there, being 17.

·
Registered
6 Posts
~~
I did my MSF in November.

It was a lot of fun. The funnest part was doing the slaloms through the cones. :) I was riding a Yamaha XT 200 and I was leaning that thing like crazy through those cones! Lol!

We had 1 lady who quit on the 2nd day, which was weird because she seemed to be doing fine. We also had one guy that should totally not have passed. His back end was a full 45 degrees plus in the air on the emergency stop test. He was just...I hope he doesn't live near me.

I got complimented by a few guys who had been riding for years but never got their license. thought that was kinda cool. They couldn't believe it was my first time on a bike. :D
~~

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's awesome. Unfortunately for me as yesterday was my first msf class too and I went for lunch and I came back late. They told me I needed to reschedule which sucks cause I wont be to get my 300 till I take it or I just might buy it and wait till I finish the msf course.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3 people failed mine, one crashed and went to the hospital. The other two just got too many points, however I PASSED! :D

I did better than ever when I was taking the final examination and I was the first person up for everything and for whatever reason I was calmer than I was during the exercises, I guess because I knew exactly all that I needed to do and hey, I'm not complaining lol.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's awesome. Unfortunately for me as yesterday was my first msf class too and I went for lunch and I came back late. They told me I needed to reschedule which sucks cause I wont be to get my 300 till I take it or I just might buy it and wait till I finish the msf course.
Awh dude that sucks... lol we got an hour and I got back 30 mins early not even in a rush, how long did you get?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Awh dude that sucks... lol we got an hour and I got back 30 mins early not even in a rush, how long did you get?
30min but the thing is I couldn't use my shoes that i took and I went to the cycle gear store that's seriously 10min away but it took me forever as there was traffic. Came back 15min late.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
30min but the thing is I couldn't use my shoes that i took and I went to the cycle gear store that's seriously 10min away but it took me forever as there was traffic. Came back 15min late.
Oh wow lol, yeah we had an hour and the course was off of a freeway so it was hardly any traffic whatsoever if any while on that road.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
And think if you had the bike you been able to lane split do 100+ and got back on time.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got mine lined up for this week! Tuesday class day 1, Sat and Sun riding days!!! Can't wait to get my license and start riding!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
It is awesome man, lots of fun, it is amazing what you can accomplish in two days.
I went from not knowing much and never even being on a ride to weaving and going pretty fast through sharp curves leaning that bike just before it touches the metal and it was just great haha. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts