Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if there is still snow in the east coast but it's the first day of Spring in California! Go out there and enjoy the sun!!

Hows the weather where you live at now? Is it riding condition?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
it's about 64 and sunny here, but it was too cold this morning to ride to work (like 25)..

it's suppose to get down to 40 tonight and up to 67 tomorrow, perfect for riding to work, but I can't ride tomorrow - too much other stuff going on..

starting saturday we're back down in the 40's for highs through the next week again.. too chilly for riding (I don't have cold weather gear) but I'll take it over -20 anyday.. I've had my bike out a few days this year already so it kinda takes the edge off, before getting the bike out I was getting REALLY antsy...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's about 64 and sunny here, but it was too cold this morning to ride to work (like 25)..

it's suppose to get down to 40 tonight and up to 67 tomorrow, perfect for riding to work, but I can't ride tomorrow - too much other stuff going on..

starting saturday we're back down in the 40's for highs through the next week again.. too chilly for riding (I don't have cold weather gear) but I'll take it over -20 anyday.. I've had my bike out a few days this year already so it kinda takes the edge off, before getting the bike out I was getting REALLY antsy...
I finally understand what you guys mean... i wasn't able to ride it for 3 days and I already couldn't resist. I'm forever grateful of CA's weather

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Today is the vernal equinox, where day and night are about the same length/duration all over the world. Pretty cool. But yeah, also the first day of spring in the Northern Hemisphere. Equi comes from the Latin, 'Equus' or 'Equal' and Nox is Latin for 'Night'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equinox

Reactions: Atticus27

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
It's cold and gross here. Went outside to smoke my cigar and gave up cuz too cold.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It makes me depressed hearing this, it means autums here and living in Tassie were we have very distinct seasons (no snow though) its gonna get cold and windy. Still its about 21 degrees celcius so not too bad.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
First day of Spring is actually tomorrow the 21st unless you're on the other side of the world and it is the 21st already but over here it's the 20th, and the first day is Friday, the 21st.

We're going to be in the 60's on Saturday, so I may take the new bike out for the first time, but then next Thursday, they're calling for some show :(

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
First day of Spring is actually tomorrow the 21st unless you're on the other side of the world and it is the 21st already but over here it's the 20th, and the first day is Friday, the 21st.

We're going to be in the 60's on Saturday, so I may take the new bike out for the first time, but then next Thursday, they're calling for some show :(
Um.. Spring is Thursday the 20th according to my calendar..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
171 Posts
San Diego was bright and shiny, perfect for riding!! unfortunately I am at work :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Beautiful start to the day here in Victoria, BC, Canada. First ride of the season this morning!

I know there's a thread out there but I can't find it. How do I attach pictures? Silly question, I know.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Um.. Spring is Thursday the 20th according to my calendar.
That's really odd because I typed in Google "First Day of Spring 2014" a couple weeks go, and it said Friday, March 21st. Now, I do it again, and it says Thursday, March 20th. That's so fucking weird because I know what I saw. :blink:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Beautiful start to the day here in Victoria, BC, Canada. First ride of the season this morning!

I know there's a thread out there but I can't find it. How do I attach pictures? Silly question, I know.
Not silly at all!! Click the paperclip next to the smiley face which is next to the font color. A window should pop-up allowing you to choose a picture from your computer :) Happy Spring!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts