Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I had my first day at my MSC class. It was pretty fun. Luckily the rain stopped when I arrived at 7 am. Got to ride a 125cc bike. Pretty fun learning how to ride. Not as scary as I thought. Learning to turn is sort of difficult and I felt a little nervous riding around in the coned off course. Not sure how I will feel riding in traffic with all the cars. Glad I bought a 300 and not a bigger bike to learn on. Got my second day of class tomorrow then I can get my license. Sucks that it will be raining tomorrow but here in FL I need to learn how to ride in the rain.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have fun and relax, here's your chance to get any little silly beginner mistakes out of the way on someone elses bike. I was nervous in traffic but am growing to like it particularly the extra visibility you seem to have.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have fun and look where you want to go. That is the best piece of advice I give my students.

·
Registered
909 Posts
The nerves went away for me after the second day. The first day is a lot of knowledge thrown at you. Tomorrow you'll feel more confident on the bike and will practice those turns more. You think the corners are scary wait til you have to do the box! Haha

Ps. LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Passed the class, messed up the box drill. Gonna try to get my license soon before DMV closes.
no hurry mate you'll have to wait until monday at least anyways. it takes a few days for dmv to update their records. i passed mine on a tuesday and waited until thursday to get it

also it will cost another $45 dollars

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my license today. My instructor knows a guy at the clerks office, it was put in by 2:30 pm. Already took the bike around the block a for a few laps with 1 mile on the odometer. I did scrape up my shin though on the pegs and noticed the handle bars are really low and it kind of hurt my wrist to put that much weight on them, can I raise the up?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Got my license today. My instructor knows a guy at the clerks office, it was put in by 2:30 pm. Already took the bike around the block a for a few laps with 1 mile on the odometer. I did scrape up my shin though on the pegs and noticed the handle bars are really low and it kind of hurt my wrist to put that much weight on them, can I raise the up?
Congratulations! Keep a light grip on the bars and keep firm through your core.

~mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
I lost points on the box as well.
Passed the class, messed up the box drill
You think the corners are scary wait til you have to do the box! Haha

Man I thought I was the only one who hated that damn box drill..Everyone one in my class kept staying in bounds and I kept going over the lines...

S/N: Here in Florida they allow you to come back and take the MSF course again for free at no charge when you pass, so u can get more practice if needed, is that the same procedure in other states as well?

·
Registered
909 Posts
In my class we had a guy completely skip the box. He just drove straight through it and ate the 8 points. Still passed. He was afraid he would fall and fail. (He fell in the box on practice)

As for the free msf on your second roundabout It's not like that here in az. Maybe it's the specific class you took?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
i have to wait till the 28th to take my MSF test had two bikes on my last day break down

one just stopped running and the other wouldn't turn off at all and just kept vibrating but i

guess i get another free day of practice...glad your went well....as for the box during

practice i messed up too lol

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Box was unrealistic. But like my instructor told me, you'll never have an u-turn that small and tight.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Read these threads, and congrats on you license :D

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/8-ninja-300-general-discussion/567-does-seat-hurt-your-butt.html
http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/8-ninja-300-general-discussion/594-im-about-ready-sell-my-new-ninja-300-butt-wrist-pain.html

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't concentrate all your weight on your wrists and squeeze the tank with your legs. Also you don't need to death grip the bars. This should help some

·
Registered
344 Posts
The 300 is probably one of the most upright sport bikes you can ride. If it still too low for you, add a set of riser blocks to lift your hands a little bit higher. After you get comfortable you can removed them and just sell here in the classifieds.

If you think they are low, go sit on a real Ninja sport bike like the Ninja ZX-10R. That is really low :)!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts