Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls, getting my 300 in September. Yeah I know I'm late, but I've been have to pay for my school and that's made my bank account pretty small. Anyways, I'll have the money by the beginning of August but I probably won't get it till mid September, based on the fact I live in Texas and summer in Texas is like living in a volcano so I don't really wanna ride or have it for multiple reasons. This will be my fist motorcycle so I'm pretty excited yet nervous. My question is though is that I want to put quite a few after stock products on it and I was wondering about the exhaust. I want the exhaust pretty much as soon as I buy the motorcycle, but my bud said that its wise to wait till the 600 mark after the break in period? Is this true or does it really matter since I'm just going to get a slip on?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I threw a Leo Vince slip on as soon as I got the bike and have problems. I asked the same questions to many people including mechanics and everyone gave me the green light. It really doesn't do much for horsepower mainly just reduces weight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm guessing he meant to say "and have no problems" I think I've seen other posters say they got slip on's right after purchase also.

This will be my plan as well!

·
Registered
128 Posts
After you replace your exhaust with a aftermarket pipe. Don't forget to do your first oil/filter change in a timely manner, as well as degrease and re-lube your chain; and also a aftermarket air filter replacement wouldn't hurt.
All those things (aftermarket exhaust included) will make your bike feel better than new.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm sorry I meant "have no problems" the only thing that changed was I now have decel popping. The bikes come really lean from the manufacturer to pass emission tests so if you decide to get a new air filter as well, you will have to re map your bike. But as far as just a slip on you should be fine

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I knew about the chain and the new oil roughly every 600 miles. I just didn't want the exhaust to cause any issues. Interesting point about the air filter though. I was just going to wait till I needed a new one but I might just get one soon after the motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Yeah, slip ons don't give HP...they are for looks and sound only...but if you want to be technical ....less weight = more HP
however, if you put on a k&N air cleaner & say a power commander 5, the slipon *DOES* add power, not much, but it does work;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
The PC 5 alone will add HP if you dyno it to your exact setup. Add filter will add more and the slip on will add a tiny more

1 - 10 of 10 Posts