Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been on here for a while, posting quite a bit in my opinion, been waiting for my car to sell to get my bike. Not only have I found a buyer, but I am getting more hours at work and a lot of other things are seeming to look up financially now! (Some of you are fairly aware of the situation)

Anyway, I will be picking up my bike this Thursday! I absolutely cannot wait, I was riding my dad's FZ6R but I am just so happy to have my own two wheels!

Aside from all this I almost forgot that I need to get the bike insured for the ride back to my home. I am planning on going with progressive as it is only $60 a month for me with full coverage as apposed to every other policy being $100+. My question is (for people with progressive or have in the past) how you feel about this company when it comes to your baby/babies.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
So I have been on here for a while, posting quite a bit in my opinion, been waiting for my car to sell to get my bike. Not only have I found a buyer, but I am getting more hours at work and a lot of other things are seeming to look up financially now! (Some of you are fairly aware of the situation)

Anyway, I will be picking up my bike this Thursday! I absolutely cannot wait, I was riding my dad's FZ6R but I am just so happy to have my own two wheels!

Aside from all this I almost forgot that I need to get the bike insured for the ride back to my home. I am planning on going with progressive as it is only $60 a month for me with full coverage as apposed to every other policy being $100+. My question is (for people with progressive or have in the past) how you feel about this company when it comes to your baby/babies.

I'm paying $32.67 per month, but I don't think it's totally full coverage, but it covers what I need as I have health benefits through UPS.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I went with Progressive after my brother told me only good things about them. I haven't insured a bike before this, so the only opinion that I have is that they have good customer service, and great rates. I use AAA for my truck, and after this year im probably going to switch that to Progressive as well.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with Progressive after my brother told me only good things about them. I haven't insured a bike before this, so the only opinion that I have is that they have good customer service, and great rates. I use AAA for my truck, and after this year im probably going to switch that to Progressive as well.
Okay that is good to hear and that is really reassuring as well due to the fact that your own brother told you to.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geico quoted me $1,670 or something for the year, while Progressive with the same factors selected quoted me $362 for the year. I am paying $400 something since I am doing it monthly, and not paying it in full.
Jesus dude... Yeah I was appalled to see all the other companies rates and I was wondering if I was getting the same coverage and sure enough I was. I just wanted to be sure Progressive delivered.

My State Farm agent(for my cars) even told me yeah go with progressive because they also don't dock you for having a motorcycle as the only source of transportation. Whereas State Farm does, not sure how low it is at State Farm with another vehicle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Geico quoted me $1,670 or something for the year, while Progressive with the same factors selected quoted me $362 for the year. I am paying $400 something since I am doing it monthly, and not paying it in full.

I paid in full the same amount and it cost me $362 and its comprehensive and fully covered with road side assistance.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have been using progressive for years and have been very satisfied. Also you should pre call before you get the bike and have them save the quote so when you pick up the bike you can call them and activate your policy on the spot with the payment. Better to be insured right off the lot quick and easy. Get road side assistance as it would suck not to have it and something happens, it's only a few dollars more. Progressive has a nice website and quick call customer service. I've stopped a lot of places and progressive was cheapest for me.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Congrats on finally selling that car. I have been considering selling my 2010 Camaro and just sticking with the bike, I could always steal my girlfriends jeep if I needed a car. IDK it would be hard to part with my baby though.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I pay $26 a month for full coverage with State Farm. I'm 33 years old, so not sure if that helps.

·
Registered
295 Posts
When I was younger I was with progressive, they tend to have the best rates for young drivers. And they are always on top of things in terms of repairs.

One "gotcha" with any type of towing assistance though insurance I would like to mention (basically AAA like service) is that back in the day you had to file an insurance claim in order to get your car towed. So when you went around looking for new quotes the insurance reps would see "Hey he filed a claim" and jack up the rates making it difficult to leave your current insurance provider.

I'm not sure if this still holds true, maybe you could find out with some google searches. But I personally joined the American Motorcycle Association ($49 for the year) and that comes with free road side assistance.

If your an older driver and you've got a clean driving record for the most part I've found that State Farm's auto/motorcycle rates will beat out just about any other insurance companies. I haven't had to deal with any accident reporting yet...so the savings might not be worth the hassle in the long run. But as things stand now it's been pretty good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nationwide cost me 21.65 a month for full coverage. But I do have my car and house with them so they give you a discount for that

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm paying 34.45 with state farm but I just payed the 6 months at about 280 so I dont have to worry about it, only 20 but on my moms plan with 4 other cars.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have progressive. Between both cars (2012 Mazda5 and 2003 Element) and the Ninja 300, I pay about $150 a month for all three with full coverage. Broken down, it's just over $17 a month on the Ninja.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have progressive. Between both cars (2012 Mazda5 and 2003 Element) and the Ninja 300, I pay about $150 a month for all three with full coverage. Broken down, it's just over $17 a month on the Ninja.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App
wow that is amazing haha, may I ask how old you are?

·
Registered
121 Posts
$252.00 full coverage (100/300) including collison and roadside with Allstate.

Sent from my zt180 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts