Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just finished my MSF today. It was a mix of fun and not so fun moments. First the fun part: Riding the bike, breaking, and making mistakes in a controlled environment.
Not so fun part: HEAT! It was 92 degrees outside plus engine hit. We got 10 minutes breaks every few exercises but it was still bad. I rode a Honda Rebel 250 with a gearing problem (couldn't shift to neutral when stopped only if moving). There was a guy with 17 years of dirt bike riding experience. :eek: and just doing the MSF course today. Of course he was the only one in the class with perfect score.

Tips if taking the MSF class
For you: if you are on a hot state like Florida, wear sunblock you will get burned; I did.
Wear cool clothing, some people took jackets on top of the shirts and they where suffering. You are required to take long sleeve shirts, don't over do it.
Hydrate often on each break.
If you don't have your own helmet, wear a bandana or skull cap before putting on their helmet, unless you don't mind someone else stink and sweat on your head.
Take your own gloves for the same reason of the helmet (other's sweat or dirt, etc).

On the course:
Don't get distracted talking to others and do pay attention to the instructor's demonstrations and instructions. It happened to one person and he was lost.
Relax, the classes are fun if you make them so.

I will be looking for gear and bike sometime next month. :)

Reactions: oxxxeee

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats! I completed my MSF course a month ago and had fun and not so fun moments as well!

The first riding day it was cold and windy ( i also was starting to get a cold...so that sucked) - the next riding day it was hot, and the only bad part about it was when we were sitting on the bikes waiting to do the next exercise....kept wanting to get moving to feel some breeze on my face!

Congrats again though! I have gotten all of my gear finally....but still looking around at bikes. Have decided to go with the 300 ABS model, just finding the right price now. I'm also interested to know when the 2014 model comes out, because it might be worth waiting for if their are more color options, etc..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats! I completed my MSF course a month ago and had fun and not so fun moments as well!

The first riding day it was cold and windy ( i also was starting to get a cold...so that sucked) - the next riding day it was hot, and the only bad part about it was when we were sitting on the bikes waiting to do the next exercise....kept wanting to get moving to feel some breeze on my face!

Congrats again though! I have gotten all of my gear finally....but still looking around at bikes. Have decided to go with the 300 ABS model, just finding the right price now. I'm also interested to know when the 2014 model comes out, because it might be worth waiting for if their are more color options, etc..
I know while waiting under the sun for the next exercise I was counting the minutes. It was hotter than a steak on a grill. LOL. I might just wait for 2014 ABS as well.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Congrats! I finished mine over the Memorial Day weekend, and it was nice and warm here, too. I'm glad I did it though; the course really helps a lot every single day I'm out riding.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Comgrats! Glad you had a good time :D I took the course back in late 2008 and I had a great time learning to ride. I never did get to get my license, but now that I have my 300 I am going to be retaking the course in July, as the other one is now expired. I'm looking forward to taking it again though!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. I'm really excited. Can't wait to get my green ABS beast :cool:

·
Super Moderator
2,558 Posts
Congrats! I took the class last month and I had the "privilege" of riding a Rebel for 3 days. I'm told it's a "feature, not a flaw" that they won't shift into neutral at a complete stop. I think I kept freaking out my instructor because I would hit neutral in the way into the staging area and then drag brake until I got to position. Those POS bikes have to be Honda's biggest embarrassment.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts