Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 2 months of riding I finally got to give a fellow rider the heads up for a cop ahead. It was a sport bike and I think he was speeding. Also today was the perfect day to ride. I rode twice today it was so nice. Got a lot of waves today.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Tap the top of your helmet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I thought you always had to high beam the oncoming traffic. The tap of the helmet seems a lot better.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I thought you always had to high beam the oncoming traffic. The tap of the helmet seems a lot better.
the high beams is if you are going on a car lol

·
Registered
958 Posts
I get warned a lot both with the helmet tapping and flashing brights by cars. I always return the favor. I am not a fan of cops. A necessary evil, but I still don't like em hiding to try and catch you speeding or whatever.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Some guy put his hand out at a angle at me today, real low, I guess that was a whats up or something :p 2nd time ive seen it
thats the "two wheels down" sign im guessing...

did he throw out two fingers? it means to keep two wheels down, ride safe, and so on.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Some guy put his hand out at a angle at me today, real low, I guess that was a whats up or something :p 2nd time ive seen it
did he throw out two fingers? it means to keep two wheels down, ride safe, and so on.
Just going to piggy back on Captain and say- ya that is the "two on the ground" meaning- ride safe. Like you don't want your two wheels to be anywhere but on the ground, ya know?
I mean it could be a "one on the ground" too because of wheelies, but people still spend more time riding on two. So two is probably a bit more universal lol.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Tapping the top of the helmet is "heads up" aka, cops ahead. All bikes use this sign, I even had a car do it to me last week (hand out the window, tapping the roof of their car)

Hand down low, usually with 2 fingers down (upside down peace sign) means keep 2 wheels on the road and/or keep the rubber side down. This is mostly a sport bike thing, although I sometimes get this from other types of bikes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts