·
Registered
484 Posts
Wow looks amazing. Those old harleys ughh i want

Reactions: Brockified

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I did the dragon some years back. It was a lot of fun. The most fun I've had, however was on the Blueridge Pkwy, which isn't far from Deals Gap. If you're going to be in the area, I encourage every rider to take that ride.

Here's a ride I'd like to take to ride some of the Blue Ridge, Cherohala, and Deals Gap all in one shot.

*Not sure why I can't link the actual pic as an image on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds like you maxxed out your tour, caught all the tourist traps, thats an exhausting endurance race, especially in monsoon. Ive not been to the museum, thats needs to be my next ride to the Gap, 6 hour ride. Owner of the museum passed this year i recall. Yes it does feel closest to a trackday, folks vacation from around the world, i raced for 8 years in england, so that brings me back despite the bs, ppl there love it just as much as racing, same energy. I grew up on the Dragon, before any biker tourism, back when 93 octane gas was 19 cents a gallon, just another curvy TN road, i played golf there before ALCOA Corp bulldozed their VIP resort to build a max security prrivate gated airport, i suspect thats why cops try to run off tourists n businesses (Tn leads nation in sheriffs convicted of dealing). I like my 300 much better on the Dragon than my Triumph Daytona 600, its quicker in the curves than any 600 or 1000. Speed limit on Dragon is posted 30 mph, i proved in court the actual lawful speed limit is 65 mph lol. Blount county Tn sheriff is missing 100 cop cars maybe thats how the sheriff built his own racetrack for cops. Graham county NC sheriff suicided himself rather than go to prison for bootlegging shine. Prior owner of DG MC Resort was a deputy who survived a gunfight in the DG store with a convicted killer, his arm was broken during arrest by Graham sheriff, DG owner won $70k for false arrest for standing up for biker rights, this cop is who first hyped US129 as sportbike heaven. If you buy land here then you will butt heads with cops sooner or later, feels like ethnic cleansing of bikers with up to 18 cops in 11 miles, or US129 closed n barracaded for 6 months.

Beware $1000 tickets for tourists on the Dragon, heres how to win in court in 30 seconds without 1 word of tesimony

My pic, im helping him win his case for RD n speeding, just a tourist from wisconsin making his 1st lap during pitstop from Daytona Bike Week, same testilying trooper l beat in court in 30 seconds:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts