Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been dabbling with buying a fi programmer (fuel moto/PCV) for awhile now and I hear how it really cleans up the stock power band.

thing is, my bike is stock. i was just wondering, is it worth having the FI programmer if i am still going to run stock exhaust? eventually i'm going to get full exhaust. or would it be better to get it when i can afford both full exhaust and the programmer.

i've already considered buying the fi programmer and letting it sit til i can afford the exhaust, but i really don't like spending that kind of money on something only to just have it sit there being a paper weight when i can spend the money on other things that i could utilize right away.

thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. Right now I'm debating between getting a Galaxy S4, or a Fuel Moto tuner. I have a slip-on and have been having trouble finding someone to decat my stock headers though.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. Right now I'm debating between getting a Galaxy S4, or a Fuel Moto tuner. I have a slip-on and have been having trouble finding someone to decat my stock headers though.
Hmmmm phone or tuner.........does your current phone not work?

I still have an original Iphone.........and even that was because my missus gave me hers as she got sick of me taking too long to write messages on my Nokia 5110 :eek:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hmmmm phone or tuner.........does your current phone not work?

I still have an original Iphone.........and even that was because my missus gave me hers as she got sick of me taking too long to write messages on my Nokia 5110 :eek:
Yeah, I don't think the Galaxy S4 would work very well as a tuner...:D

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yeah, I don't think the Galaxy S4 would work very well as a tuner...:D

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Haha. It's powerful enough :p. Imagine someone made an USB to whatever plug adapter it is, and you could remap your ecu right from your phone and your phone is the actual tuner, just plug it in and ride!

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
Just a noob question here...

Can I fit a slip on or a full exhaust system without the programmer such as the pc5?? Or is a must to have the programmer first?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
slip on is fine....full exhaust will run a little bit lean. i ran full exhaust for 2-3 weeks before i bought my programmer

·
Registered
655 Posts
When you install a module are you meant to hear a change in the idle or is it all response while riding?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
When you install a module are you meant to hear a change in the idle or is it all response while riding?
Na idles the same, you might have to adjust the idle speed as fuel changes have usually been made so it may be a bit richer but thats it.

All other changes are when riding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts