Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just had a fun one which made me think of this thread.

i just got in from doing some appointments but on the way back i decided to ride along clearwater beach just cause it's nice outside today. Anyways, halfway there, a CBR ended up joining me and we shared the road all the way to and through. it was awesome both riding with someone at the beach, and receiving all the attention from sexxxy bikini-clad ladies :D

that aside, even florida is flat and lacking in twisty roads, there are still good vistas to be had. some of my favorite are nighttime rides along the water, or at dusk where i can partake in the setting sun so on so forth. what are some of yours?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Any time I can take a ride on my original 1971 CB 350 it's usually an experience. A time warp back to my early 20s when that bike was new. It's surprising how close that old CB is to this Ninja, just give yourself plenty of room for those cable operated DRUM brakes.

regards
Mech

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
the best time i ever had on a bike for a holiday was about 12 years ago when i rode my 2000 model vfr800 all the way round Australia in 9 weeks and covered 17,922 kilometres and had a blast.

but probably the most memorable was about 11 years ago when i was on my k1200rs

and i asked my girlfriend at the time to be my bride, she didnt hesitate to say yes on the spot and we were married about 6 months later

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's awesome sir! congratulations on the bride!

Reactions: cruizin

·
Registered
5 Posts
That Honda is a beautiful bike. Congratulations on having such a nice old original.

My best memories are all of time spent with my dad and bikes, from my teens until he passed last year, 40 years in total. We had some great rides together over the years.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
LDB - i no longer have my VFR800 , sold it and the K1200RS together , traded them in on a K1200LTSE

but i do miss the VFR800 very much. the 300 handles very similar to the vfr but cos the 300 is lighter is much more "flickable", the 2 things i miss most about the vfr is the v4 sound and the high pitch whistle from the gear driven cams.... ooohhhhhh yes, music to my ears, it sounded like a small block chev:cool:

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Cruzin: I always loved the VFR, and really thought one day I would buy one. From the time they came out in 1986, I was in love. I had an 1983 Interceptor 750. Boy, was that thing a tank and did it ever have torque. One day I forgot to downshift, and pulled away from a stop light in 4th gear with no problem...lol!

Once I rode a Ninja 250, that changed my views on large bikes. I have had many hondas including a few Hawk GT's and CB1's, CB350, CL175, CB900 Custom, but the smaller Ninja's are just such a pleasure to ride, and so reliable.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
the torque on the vfr800 is mind blowing, they are such an under rated bike. my 2000 model i had a k&n air cleaner, power commander & an omrae (australian designed/manufactured) carbon fibre exhaust.

there was one street corner in particular in my old home town i used to live in, along the main street of town there was a very unique blend of bitumen they layed down. i dunno what it was called but it was silky smooth and there was one corner in particular that was just right to come around in 2nd gear and i could pin the throttle and the vfr was predictable the ass end would always step out to the right and i could power slide it around the corner and leave a lickerish strip around the corner every single time, lol

the corner was a left hander and there was a pub on the corner right infront of it

i lost count the amount of times i did it, lol, i should have taken a photo of the corner before i left town, it was an awesome sight, lol

i do miss the torque of the v4 motor though & the sound....miss the sound ssssoooo much

·
Registered
78 Posts
After I started riding in my early twenties, it got my dad all wistful for being on a bike again. He had sold his last bike when I was 2 years old. So I convinced him to rent a bike with me and we took a two day tour over to Skyline Drive and around VA.

I wrote it up because Rider Magazine expressed interest in buying the story, but they backed off because they were concerned that my dad hadn't enrolled in a refresher course. But I'm glad to have recorded it. You can read the story here, if you're interested:

http://www12.georgetown.edu/students/tnr4/Travis_Website/Other_Stuff_I_Like_files/Submission to Rider Magazine.doc

Pic PS: The old photo is of me and my dad on his Sabre, a few months before he sold it. That was the last time we were 'riding' together until this trip!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
i do like the R1200 your dad is on, i have ridden one of those before and man they are nice, theres not too many BMW bikes i have not ridden & enjoyed
Yup, it was a lot of fun. It has quite a bit more character than the FJR, so is both more fun and gets one into a little more trouble. The FJR is completely serviceable, but it is just so comfy and smooth and linear that it just kind of disappears.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts