Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had issues with their Instrument Panel? I have had my bike about a month and half and only have a little over 100 miles on it. The past 2 days I have ran into trouble with my instrument panel. Everything starts off fine however about a hour into my ride the LED panel that normally shows my speed and fuel level just goes crazy. There are only squiggly lines going through the screen. My highbeam indicator light comes on and will not go off, all other lights including my neutral won't come on. The needle on the tachometer stays at 2 or 3 even when the bike is turned off. It seems as if the panel is getting too hot. Once I shut the bike off and let everything cool it starts working again.

Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Has anyone had issues with their Instrument Panel? I have had my bike about a month and half and only have a little over 100 miles on it. The past 2 days I have ran into trouble with my instrument panel. Everything starts off fine however about a hour into my ride the LED panel that normally shows my speed and fuel level just goes crazy. There are only squiggly lines going through the screen. My highbeam indicator light comes on and will not go off, all other lights including my neutral won't come on. The needle on the tachometer stays at 2 or 3 even when the bike is turned off. It seems as if the panel is getting too hot. Once I shut the bike off and let everything cool it starts working again.

I haven't had that issue, but with only 100 miles on the bike, you should be able to take it back to the dealership and realistically ask WTF without getting too many eyes rolled.

They're of course going to want to know if you dropped it.

I, on the other hand, want to know how it is that you've had the bike 1.5 months and only have 100 miles on it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
They're of course going to want to know if you dropped it.

I, on the other hand, want to know how it is that you've had the bike 1.5 months and only have 100 miles on it.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter if its got 10km or 10000km on it its still covered under warranty. Get it looked at and get it replaced.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

warranty issue. dont stuff with it, get it to a dealer, let them fix it. theres nothing repairable on the instrument cluster itself

·
Registered
295 Posts
I actually had a couple of odd "system check" on the instrument cluster over the past week. The tacho usually goes from left to extreme right and then pauses for a split second then comes back to rest at zero. A couple of times now the tacho only makes to half way, stops and then comes back to rest at zero. I can hear an unusual sound at the same time. The bike starts normally, Should I be concerned is is it just one of those things?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im having an issue as well with a few differences. At 120 miles (3 days into ownership btw) I went out to start my bike to go to work and instead of the usual start up routine of the tach needle going to the red zone and resetting and all the lights testing, I get nothing. I called the dealership they said bring it in. of course 20 min later when i get changed and ready to head out there it works fine. had no issues until 500 miles later and it did it again except this time it didnt work all day. after work it still refused to cooperate and i took it to the dealer without turning it off. mechanic came out jiggled some wires goes "hows that?" (were in kentucky mind you) and nothing happened....to which he replies guess the whole unit will have to be replaced. so if your having simpilar issues try and get it to the dealer and let them order a new one free of charge =)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought my bike used two days ago. It had a small crack in the plastic lens. They said they were going to try and get the factory to replace but they were saying it was a surface crack and should not let moisture in. First day I rode to work and it rained on the bike during my shift. moisture got into the unit and on the way home it went haywire. Gas started blinking low level with 3/4 of a tank, tack stopped working, clock reset to 1:00 and trip mileage went to the dashes. Made a stop in a well lit parking lot to analize the situation. Some of the functions came back so I decided to ride the rest of the way home. Got home went into the house to open the garage. Started up bike and everything was working. Must have warmed up on the 45 mile trip drying things out a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts