Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have trouble with the front fairings popping out? The fairing right under the throttle grip and the same one on opposite side of bike. They only pop a few millimeters so it's not a big deal, but still pretty lame for a brand new bike to have this issue...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I asked my local dealer about this and he said its mainly the Green SE 300 something about paint thickness on the clips how true that is I don't know . I've had no issues with my Ebony at all

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Same issue. 3M adhesive tape, solved my issue.

·
Registered
561 Posts
there are a few other threads on this already, on one of them someone offers a fix for the problem.

My 300 does it as well. I was actually at a dealership today and they had 3 300's on the floor (2 blacks and 1 green SE) both of the blacks had the issue and the green se was perfect.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Quite a few of our members have had fairing gap issues,
I haven't encountered any with my bike yet *crosses fingers*

However, sounds like yours is in the same spot as my husbands.

·
Registered
463 Posts
not really i have taken out all of the fairing on my 300 SE without problems
post pics for the problems u having

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Ebony version. It seems, at least around where I live, that the kawasaki dealers just make up any BS excuse to get you off their hands whenever you're having an issue with your bike. Very annoying.

·
Registered
420 Posts
At the start i thought it was supposed to be like that. Found alot of others had the same issue, thought f*** it and kept riding.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At the start i thought it was supposed to be like that. Found alot of others had the same issue, thought f*** it and kept riding.
yeah i too thought it was suppposed to be like that until i pressed them in and realized they clicked together, only to slip out again a few seconds later.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I want to do this. where exactly did you apply the tape? pics would be wonderful :)
Me too. If it's a reversible application, even better.

It's annoying having to squeeze the fairings back together during a ride. My minor OCD is going to get me into some sheet.

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
First. I tried many types of Adhesive tape. I found 3M to work the best.

I intentionally pried apart the fairing to simulate the gap. Should look like this.

Stick tape in sections in between fairing tabs. Or double it up. If you have some sticking out of the fairing...no biggie. Lightly cut off the excess.

Done.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Worst case scenario. Remove it with tweezers. Had mine on for awhile and no gap. Including speeds of 86 MPH.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Character. The 300 has it.

It is the result of cheapo engineering but its got character! :D

Mine gets a rap from the side of my fist every now and then. I'm thinking a few well placed sheet rock screws would do it semi permanently too! :eek:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Mine gets a rap from the side of my fist every now and then. I'm thinking a few well placed sheet rock screws would do it semi permanently too! :eek:
Sheet rock or sheetmetal screws probably here LOL, i'm a backyard bill repair type of guy. "If it don't fit, get a bigger hammer!" :eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Could anyone take a better picture of the loos side fairing, preferably where it's zoomed out and the specific part is circled or something (MSPaint?). I want to be able to check it out from the dealership when I go pick it up ^.^

1 - 20 of 23 Posts