Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,
I've just experienced my first accident the other day and I'm just looking for a little help with repairs on my fairing.
I was going pretty slowly turning left in to a side street when I saw a car reversing in my lane back out of the street. I just had this "oh ****" moment and hit both the front and back brakes which caused me to lowside my bike :(. Luckily I've come off no worse for wear and the old lady was very apologetic about it (she seemed more shook up than I was).
Unfortunately my fairings have got some scratches on it and I don't know how to go about getting them repaired. My brother told me to just slap on a few stickers/decals on them and not worry about it too much.

Would I be able to get anybody's opinion on this?

Regards,
Annoyed Aussie

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
Good you didn't get hurt

I would guess any paint shop could fix it easy as it is an easy color too.
They will just wet sand a small area & touch up. should not cost much.

As an aside Frame Sliders was the first thing I bought for my bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys

I've emailed a couple places around here for repainting but no response because it's Sunday. I'll wait to see what they say but I'm leaning towards stickers to add personality.

Mania - Frame sliders is something I'm definitely looking at now. What did you get for yours? I've done a quick search but for $230 it makes me think twice: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kawasaki...2012-2013-Delrin-/370705894548#ht_3814wt_1139

Edit: however further research seems $240 is pretty normal. Starting now to save up for them

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Reputable companies like Yoshimura and Shogun have released proper sliders for the 300 now, and they cost less than that eBay crapola (under $200). There's a few threads about them here.

By the way, it's hard to tell from the picture, but the markings underneath the rear cowl look more like scuff marks than scratches (not the large black scratch, but the smaller markings to the right). I can't see how that part of the cowl would scrape on the ground. If they are scuffs, you can remove them very easily with non-chlorinated brake cleaner and a clean, white rag.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Mania - Frame sliders is something I'm definitely looking at now. What did you get for yours?
I am in Thailand so got the Moth Racing set
Installed at Kawasaki about $100

http://www.club517superbike.com/customize-NINJA2502013-95905-1.html

Of course we have the 250 here instead of the 300 but it is identical in everything except stroke & slipper clutch :(

Wish I knew Moth had colored stalks I would have gotten red :)

Here is the guy buttoning it up
Also these are nice as they have a big plate mount to a couple spots on the engine & engine mount that
*hopefully* distributes the load very nicely should you ever need the sliders. Also these were no cut mounts

Sorry pic of plate is hard to see as it is black on black.
But it is at least 1/4" thick & as you can see large

·
Registered
30 Posts
I asked around after dropping my bike and was quoted around 300-500 to fix the fairings. For that price you can replace with the oem fairings. I damaged my center and upper fairings like you. I was undecided if to claim on my insurance but in the end I did as my access was only $700 and they are replacing my helmet.

Have you got insurance mate? It might be better to claim it.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
My scratches were 10 times worse than those. I pulled them out with some Meguiar's M 105 compound. The paint and clear coat on these fairings are a lot better than most cars these days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.