Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are trying to get me to get the extended warranty and being that I know no one is over their 12 month factory warranty. But do you think that getting the warranty is something I need to look into. The price is 480 bucks or 10 bucks more per month on my regular payments...for 48 months

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
do you guys only get 1 year warranty in usa? our bikes in Australia come standard with 2 year warranty says so in the owners manual and confirmed with dealer.

having said that, because this is a new model bike, i didnt hesitate to get an extra 2 years waranty added to it, if it was 2nd or 3rd generation, i wouldn’t have bothered, but it was only a few hundred so it didn’t bother me too much, so now i have 4 years unlimited kilometre warranty.now all i need to do is win the lotto so i can take this bike for a 17,922 kilometer ride around australia via highway number one like i did on my vfr800 over 10 years ago, lol

· Registered
1,001 Posts
I got the extended :)

· Registered
144 Posts
I extended mine out for 5 years total. I think it is more for resale value than anything. It cost me an additional $350 but the dealer offered to refund it if I trade it in with some warranty left.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Yeah if you trade in or sell your bike your legal right is to ask for the unused portion of the warranty back.. Its prorated, so if you use 2 or the 4 years, you get a 50% refund plus maybe a $25 paperwork fee.. I just canceled on on my wife's car and get almost $1000 back :D

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Yeah if you trade in or sell your bike your legal right is to ask for the unused portion of the warranty back.. Its prorated, so if you use 2 or the 4 years, you get a 50% refund plus maybe a $25 paperwork fee.. I just canceled on on my wife's car and get almost $1000 back :D
thats interesting , never heard of that before. wonder if we can do that in Australia?

· Registered
243 Posts
i heard otherwise.. i heard warranty is not refundable, with or without unused time left but was informed that it was transferable.

i bought the extended warranty as well in hopes of resale value.

i wonder if it is indeed true to what you said and if it applies to NY state

· Registered
1,025 Posts
You can also (in the U.S. anyway) buy a year at a time, meaning when I bought my bike it came with a 1 year warranty. When I'm at 11 months of ownership, I'll probably go in and buy another year and so on. This way you don't have to pay out money up front for something you may not use (even if you get it back later) because you never know how long you will own the bike. :D

· Registered
1,851 Posts
You can also (in the U.S. anyway) buy a year at a time, meaning when I bought my bike it came with a 1 year warranty. When I'm at 11 months of ownership, I'll probably go in and buy another year and so on. This way you don't have to pay out money up front for something you may not use (even if you get it back later) because you never know how long you will own the bike. :D
Did not know that. Will be good to keep in mind in case people find any glaring problems with the 300 later on.

· Registered
170 Posts
Truthfully I don't see much point with a bike that only costs 5k and parts will be readily available. How many will honestly put on more that 20k miles a year? Most have a deductible as well. The most expensive parts of a bike are plastic or the aftermarket parts we put on afterwards. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but you guys only got mechanical warranties. Did y'all pay extra for servicing? I have an extended warranty with my truck because I researched and found the transmission was a weak point which will cost me as much as a new ninja. Bikes are very basic and most parts of it can be easily modded. If they can tie the modification to the part that failed or you did not follow the servicing then the warranty is void.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.