Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to change the OEM exhaust, but I am in a dilemma whether to change the exhaust system or just install the slip on custom exhaust (What difference does it make), and among the Yoshimura, Two Brothers, Leo Vinci and M4 which tops the chart performance wise. ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Slip ons don't add any performance. or (.3 HP MAX)

If you want a slip on, buy it for looks and sound.
If you want to add performance, you need a full exhaust, better air filter and something like the power commander 5 - and you need them all together. -- we'll I guess not ALL together but it's highly recommended. Cuz you'll lean the crap out of you bike without a PCV.

That being said.. Get a slip on that you like the sound and think looks good on your bike!
I personally like the Leo Vinci.. Nice clean sound :)

·
Banned
277 Posts
M4, but I'm biased.

If Akrapovic offered a full system then I likely would've gone with it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slip ons don't add any performance. or (.3 HP MAX)

If you want a slip on, buy it for looks and sound.
If you want to add performance, you need a full exhaust, better air filter and something like the power commander 5 - and you need them all together. -- we'll I guess not ALL together but it's highly recommended. Cuz you'll lean the crap out of you bike without a PCV.

That being said.. Get a slip on that you like the sound and think looks good on your bike!
I personally like the Leo Vinci.. Nice clean sound :)
How much of a difference does the full exhaust, PC5 make, because i have the air filter installed already, Thanks.

·
Banned
277 Posts
How much of a difference does the full exhaust, PC5 make, because i have the air filter installed already, Thanks.
Full exhaust, air filter, and pcv (with regular full sys map) will net you shy of 40 (38 or so). A pod filter and proper tune should put you over 40.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Full exhaust, air filter, and pcv (with regular full sys map) will net you shy of 40 (38 or so). A pod filter and proper tune should put you over 40.
Wow :eek: , Thats awesome, Does the MPG get affected when a slip on is installed ??

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Wow :eek: , Thats awesome, Does the MPG get affected when a slip on is installed ??
No and yes. The slip on alone will do nothing to your mpg, but the amount that you will now twist your wrist to hear the sweet sound will.

So it wont get any better thats for sure, but could possibly become worse, much depending on the rider. ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I too have a question about exhaust systems. I bought a slip on but I'm thinking about getting a full exhaust. Bought the two brothers slip on and I'm thinking about the full exhaust for it. If I go for the full exhaust, I'm also paying for another can? Any way I can just pay for the full system without a paying for another slipon?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I too have a question about exhaust systems. I bought a slip on but I'm thinking about getting a full exhaust. Bought the two brothers slip on and I'm thinking about the full exhaust for it. If I go for the full exhaust, I'm also paying for another can? Any way I can just pay for the full system without a paying for another slipon?
Just sell the slip on you have and buy the full system. You will probably take a hit on the sale of the slip on though

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For how much did you get the "Slip on" ?

·
Banned
277 Posts
Termignoni finally released a 250/300 slip on (and the only s.o. I'd go with if not a full system).

·
Banned
277 Posts
480 shipped for the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 Two Bros Black Series M2 Carbon Fiber Slip On Exhaust
That's sad. For $100 more you can get the full M4 system with a carbon muffler (less with the stainless).

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's sad. For $100 more you can get the full M4 system with a carbon muffler (less with the stainless).
When it comes to full systems, is it all just cosmetic between the yoshi, 2bros and m4? Or is there difference in performance too?

I liked the look and sound of the 2bros slip on. As I understood, all the slip ons have no performance effect unless you get the full system and a tuneup.

·
Banned
277 Posts
When it comes to full systems, is it all just cosmetic between the yoshi, 2bros and m4? Or is there difference in performance too?
I'm sure there are some variations in header design between them all but for the most part they will all perform the same. Sound and design will be a big difference.

Personally, I think 2bros is one of the worst looking exhausts around, especially their older stuff.

You can't go wrong with Yoshimura or M4.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would avoid Yoshimura's carbon fiber stuff. A few people on here have had issues with the carbon fiber. M4 seems to be great for the value for a full exhaust system. I am curious about this system though. Made by GPR

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Ninja-300R-2013-GPR-Exhaust-Systems-GPE-Ti-Full-System-With-Catalyzer-/271210645717?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f256a08d5&vxp=mtr

Its made from Titanium and it is missing the crossover pipe (or equalizer pipe or H-Pipe) on the header. Its a bit pricey, but it is Titanium and it has a Cat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Legal exhaust / germany

Hi guys,

hope you are doing great. I have a short question, especially for the german community (since i am located in berlin). Which exhaust system do you guys have experiences with? I know there are some chats about exhausts around here but I could not find any specific information if those exhausts are legal in germany.

For example does anyone know if the growler, m4 or yoshi is legal in germany?

Have a great weekend!

cheers from berlin

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Does anyone know whether a 250 aftermarket slip-on exhaust would fit a 300?

I'm thinking about the link pipe fitment in particular.
some of them do, but the fit is not the best, the bracket that attaches to the peg usually where the issue is.

your better off getting a 300 pipe and save your sanity

1 - 20 of 26 Posts