Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some suggestions for a replacement for my standard oem exhaust. I'm looking for a deeper sound yet not simply explosion sounds. I've watched several youtube videos but come on, hardly anyone can tell the difference from those videos. So any suggestions?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I got the akrapovic slip-on. It's explosive without the baffle, but not really with the baffle in. It's nice to have that selection depending on the day.

Sent from my SM-N910V

·
Registered
150 Posts
I love my m4 without the baffle
M4 was my number one choice when I was looking. I needed it for the weekend and their rep told me it wouldn't ship until Friday, so I went with another brand.

For the price, versatility, and looks, M4 seems awesome.

Edit: Also, might want to take a look at the areaP slip-on. I think they are the only guys offering a high mount muffler, although my understanding is that people here don't really like the looks of it.

Sent from my SM-N910V

·
Registered
958 Posts
I just put on the carbon fiber Leo Vince Corsa. $234 and free shipping at MotoSport, etc. It is definitely louder. The sound is fine, but there is a lot of popping when you let off the throttle. It doesn't really change the sound above 60 mph or so...at least for the rider because the wind and road noise drowns it out. I have to watch my rpms now because it's harder to judge by the sound, especially with earplugs. I would recommend this slip-on. Without the baffle, this can is annoyingly loud. I'll leave mine in. Plus, this is a 300. It looks a little weird to hear this very loud motorcycle sound (without the baffle) and expecting to see someone going 70 mph and then see the bike going along at 35 mph. The bark doesn't match the bite. With the baffle in, the sound matches performance much better.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Old thread, but Leo Vince Slip-on. You simply can't beat it for the price and apparently all ninja 300 exhausts sound too similar to hear a difference in person. Personally, I love it. It doesn't sound dirt bikey at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine came with a Musarri. It actually sounded better than I thought and will do for now. Later I plan on going with a full header and exhaust...still deciding which I want to go with.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Here is the one I have.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just bought a LeoVince Corsa GP. My heat shield developed a whole due to extended contact with the ground in a sliding manner and the OEM heat shield was 120 or so dollars. I figured might aswell pay 240 for a new exhaust entirely!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just bought a LeoVince Corsa GP. My heat shield developed a whole due to extended contact with the ground in a sliding manner and the OEM heat shield was 120 or so dollars. I figured might aswell pay 240 for a new exhaust entirely!
I have the same slip on, paid less that 300 cdn for it. Sounds and looks really good (as good as a small twin can sound I guess lol).

Sounds better and deeper without the baffle but too loud and it does feel less powerful without it, less back pressure I think? I find with the baffle it's reasonable volume at cruise and idle, and reduces the amount of popping.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
I chose an Italian Mivv Muffler. Sound is perfect: not to loud. Comes with 2 baffles. Beautiful materials and craftmanship. Well under $200. I have one for my CBR300r as well. Great looking. Great value IMHO

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
M4 was my number one choice when I was looking. I needed it for the weekend and their rep told me it wouldn't ship until Friday, so I went with another brand.

For the price, versatility, and looks, M4 seems awesome.

Edit: Also, might want to take a look at the areaP slip-on. I think they are the only guys offering a high mount muffler, although my understanding is that people here don't really like the looks of it.
Sent from my SM-N910V
Nice pic. Thanks for the post.
Have a nice day all !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts