Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here are pics that show the fender elim (diy), Rear brake res relocate, and the delkavic slip on. Also removed front round reflectors that look like they came on a bicycle and replaced with blue anodized aluminum bolts. I also used yellow reflective tape to on the front fender and under rear cal to enhance the visibility factor.

Fender elim kit. I removed all the stock stuff and used some 3/16 aluminum plate and made a new tag bracket and used the stock bolts. I drilled a couple holes in the bracket above the tag at each side so I still can hook a bungey if needed. I used a couple mini led for the lisense light spliced into the stock wiring. I have some flush mount turn signals coming that will be mounted on each side in front of the reflective tape there.

The rear brake resevoir I retained the original bracket but cut off the part that goes over the cap. Just dumped the fluid into a container, cut the hose at the right spot, removed the portion of hose attatched to the resevoir, attach the other end of the hose still attached to master cyl, refill the resevoir, screw cap on tight and then bolt back on using the airbox bolt. You have to take the bolts out of the foot peg bracket and
rotate it a little to get the airbox bolt out but all in all this took 10 min.

Attachments

·
Banned
562 Posts
Can you help me out with the fender eliminator
that is my next major mod but i cant find out how to do it
and i am afraid to try without a clear cut path for my rear blinkers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have ordered flush mount blinkers that will be placed on each side just in front of where I have the reflective tape there. should just have to drill a small hole to run the wire inside the storage compartment and connect to original wires. I will either have to change the flasher as the led turns dont have enough voltage drop or current for it to work correctly, or can use a load resister. I may try just running a couple cheap marker lights inside the compartment in parallel with the led turn signals and see if that will work. I will put up pics and explination when I get it done.

I can fab and sell you an aluminum bracket like mine if you cant make one yourself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine did not either. but it works. The length was fine but the bend angle in it is off a little, I made it work but dont like it. I do love the sound. It is perfect for my taste.

Delkavic had contacted me for feed back as they had had mixed views from other customers on the fitment. I told them I love the muffler and the workmanship looks great jut need to change the bend on the mid pipe and asked them to send me one if they do.
One thing to note. The sheet in the box the muffler came in said it was for a 250 so maybe there not an exact fit on the 300. Finnally to answer your question I will try to get a pic of that for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here is the pic of the midpipe connection to factory header, you can see that the angle is off a bit. If you line it up correctly the muffler will stick out from the side of the bike way to far. I tucked it in as close as I could with just enough clearance for the swing arm and brake caliper and this is how it fit. I plan to fix it myself if I dont hear back from delkavic about a replacement. Really sucks as this may stop a lot of people from buying a great muffler at an awesome price.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mainly to clean up the profile of the bike. Secondly, Im going to make a nice aluminum exhaust bracket to delete the pass pegs and bracket which the resevoir was bolted to before I moved it. Thirdly by shortening the hose and eliminating the guide and bolt for that extra hose you save a few ounces. I did it for a cleaner look, but do appreciate any weight savings I can get. Ive no doubt with the slip on and all the crap Ive taken off the bike it is 10 lbs lighter allready and I have not even tried hard yet. Today I did a mod and eliminated the front brake hose guide that is not really needed. Again this is for a cleaner look but did loose a metal bracket and 2 steel bolts replaced with one aluminum bolt. I will post that mod with pic soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.