Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Has anyone else noticed that there's a lot of stuff back-ordered for the Ninja 300?

Yoshimura Fender-Eliminator: Backordered!

Pazzo Levers: TAKING FOREVER (apparently the distributor is waiting for a shipment due to market-changes). Unbeknownst to me, ASV seems to have grabbed the market, but I'm not so sure if I like their levers as much as I've liked the Pazzos. Guess I gotta wait.

Kawasaki solo seat cowl: Backordered! I am also glad I checked on it. The dealer had a GREEN on-order and my bike is white. Got that fixed, anyway.

Sheesh. How can a guy get mods done with all these backordered parts?

/Vent

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought my bike on 4/20. The salesman showed me how to remove the rear seat then screwed up putting it back on. It flew off on the ride home. It's been a month and my replacement seat still isn't in. They said cause its on back order. I thought they were just lying to me like scumbags but now that I know ur havin issues too I feel better

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I guess it's a high-demand bike with everyone wanting the same mods or replacement parts. And yes, it's very easy to screw up that seat. It doesn't go on with a very positive 'feel' to it. Took me a few tries putting it back on the first time.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah unfortunately... =/ new bike, new mods, everyone wants em!

·
Registered
129 Posts
anything from factory is gonna take forever, just started seeing some of the more desirable aftermarket parts hit the web, seems like Malaysia got a huge jump on everything but you dont want to order it cuz you have to pay a ton for shipping and such, just wait it out and look for parts before asking the dealer for it... they sell bikes, they dont rush the add ons...

·
Registered
129 Posts
on a side note, I ordered both rear cowls for my 300's and had em in about 4 business days.. got em off ebay for about equal to the dealership price...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I receive my seat cowl last week. Unfortunately it's ONLY the cowl. No damper, no hardware, no nothing. Dealer wants $173 for the main guts and hardware.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I receive my seat cowl last week. Unfortunately it's ONLY the cowl. No damper, no hardware, no nothing. Dealer wants $173 for the main guts and hardware.
What? The cowl is a simple replacement for the seat, the only other hardware is the little bracket that replaces the factory one to allow the cowl to lock in.......my cowl came fully assembled apart from the bracket to put in.

Everything is included in the price of the seat cowl........ washers, bracket, cowl. If your dealer is trying to make you pay extra, let them know that you know what is meant to be included in the price and that you are going to confirm parts that are supposed to be included with Kawasaki HQ. Sometimes the simple thought of a customer checking up and giving the dealer a bad rap is all that is required.

Sorry but your dealer is trying to rip you off here 100%. I paid 149 dollars australian for everything.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi all,

Has anyone else noticed that there's a lot of stuff back-ordered for the Ninja 300?

Yoshimura Fender-Eliminator: Backordered!

Pazzo Levers: TAKING FOREVER (apparently the distributor is waiting for a shipment due to market-changes). Unbeknownst to me, ASV seems to have grabbed the market, but I'm not so sure if I like their levers as much as I've liked the Pazzos. Guess I gotta wait.

Kawasaki solo seat cowl: Backordered! I am also glad I checked on it. The dealer had a GREEN on-order and my bike is white. Got that fixed, anyway.

Sheesh. How can a guy get mods done with all these backordered parts?

/Vent
Did you order your pazzos from motomummy? Thats were I ordered my from and all I can say is I wish their website had some way of indicating on their site if a part is in stock or backordered cause I would have order elsewhere had I known I'd be waiting 3 weeks for some levers lol.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

That sounds wrong to me too.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you order your pazzos from motomummy? Thats were I ordered my from and all I can say is I wish their website had some way of indicating on their site if a part is in stock or backordered cause I would have order elsewhere had I known I'd be waiting 3 weeks for some levers lol.
Yes. It's taking a zillion years. I am half-tempted to cancel my order coz I hate waiting (especially when I didn't plan on it). I don't really want to go with ASV levers just because that's what's in-stock. I've had Pazzos on 4 bikes and love 'em.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yes. It's taking a zillion years. I am half-tempted to cancel my order coz I hate waiting (especially when I didn't plan on it). I don't really want to go with ASV levers just because that's what's in-stock. I've had Pazzos on 4 bikes and love 'em.
Im sure you could find it elsewhere but probably not for the same price:mad:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im sure you could find it elsewhere but probably not for the same price:mad:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I'll probably just wait it out. Gotta be Pazzos and the stock levers aren't too bad, but I need the Pazzos for the clip-on clearance, so there's that.

·
Banned
277 Posts
CRG>ASV>Pazzo

All the chinese knock offs are garbage.

Just ordered the Yoshi FE last week, showed up the other day.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CRG>ASV>Pazzo

All the chinese knock offs are garbage.

Just ordered the Yoshi FE last week, showed up the other day.
You got yours fast! I ordered mine direct from Yosh and it's been at least a week. I'm sure I'll hear something soon, or here's hoping. :D

The Pazzos aren't Chinese knockoffs, are they?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts