Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every time i ride, i evaluate my cornering technique.
a question came up that i honestly did not know the exact answer to and because i'm unable to ride atm to experiment, i thought i'd see what other people do.

entering the corner, do you have the throttle closed til you get to the apex of the corner before accelerating out? or do you find a comfortable speed and crack the throttle open enough to maintain it til you get to apex and accelerate out?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm very much a beginner, but I *highly* recommend buying "Twist of the wrist II", both the book and the DVD. The DVD acting is a bit cheesy but I do think the script helps you keep attention to the concepts. You don't need TOTW 1 IMO, the 2 is more an evolution of the teaching methodology and concepts rather than a continuation.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've seen it actually, but forgot what was said.

·
Banned
613 Posts
Both techniques are correct but for different turns

A long sweeper is best used with the maintenance throttle technique since the point and shoot technique is not feasable.

A shorter right had turn or a late apex turn is easiest to use the point and shoot technique since the turn radius is so small

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
for the o/p if your want assistance with your riding, have a look in my signature below, there is a tips for new riders, in there is a link for twist of the wrist 1&2 books & dvds by keith code, these are my bibles and i have been studying them for over 17 years now, they are incredible sources of information and cover exactly what your talking about

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
i wonder how long before that video gets removed from youtube, if i were you guys i would grab it now before it vanishes, seen it happen a number of times
Or just buy the DVD and support Keith and his team for producing one of the best instruction videos out there.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Or just buy the DVD and support Keith and his team for producing one of the best instruction videos out there.
even better idea, read my "riders tips' in my signature and in there is links to buy the books & dvd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts