Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i have ninja 300 se, i saw some engine oil dropping from airfilter box, when i opened it, it was full wet with engine oil. please help me out what was the reason. it wil be very helpful.
Thanks A lot

·
Registered
357 Posts
Little Ninjas have always pumped some oil into the airbox from the crankcase breather system during high RPM running, especially in hot temps.

Be sure to check your engine oil level regularly, as it will drop if that's the case.

I'd clean it out, check to be sure the oil level is up to the correct spot, and check the airbox again in 500 mi or so.

·
Registered
914 Posts
There is an "Oil Drain Cap" under the filter for precisely this purpose. Empty it and keep an eye on it in the future beforce concluding there's a problem. May not be anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Little Ninjas have always pumped some oil into the airbox from the crankcase breather system during high RPM running, especially in hot temps.

Be sure to check your engine oil level regularly, as it will drop if that's the case.

I'd clean it out, check to be sure the oil level is up to the correct spot, and check the airbox again in 500 mi or so.
i used to change my air filter after every 5000km and bike have done only 12k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts