Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ninja is not even 1 week old and the engine light seems to be on, at times it will be on, and then after about 10 min of riding it turns off, but since I filled up at the gas station with 87 octane fuel, the light has came on once, and off, but today it has been on and wont turn off, I dont know what to do since this is my first bike and its brand new, just hit the 100 mile mark.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Take it back to your dealer bro hahah I haven't read anything about anyone gettin that light on :) and I've never heard about anyone using lover than 91octane so I would recommend putting in at least 91 in future as it tends to only be a 12L-13L fill which is about $20. But defy take it back or at least call them to see what's up

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
392 Posts
My Ninja is not even 1 week old and the engine light seems to be on, at times it will be on, and then after about 10 min of riding it turns off, but since I filled up at the gas station with 87 octane fuel, the light has came on once, and off, but today it has been on and wont turn off, I dont know what to do since this is my first bike and its brand new, just hit the 100 mile mark.

Take it back to the dealership and use your 1 year warranty. Did you mod anything by chance?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not do any modifications, I purchased it at Goodtimes Motorsports in Sacramento, CA. Im assuming I should take it to a Kawasaki dealership, Im going to do that right now and let you guys know whats up.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Did not do any modifications, I purchased it at Goodtimes Motorsports in Sacramento, CA. Im assuming I should take it to a Kawasaki dealership, Im going to do that right now and let you guys know whats up.
The closer the better...you may be doing damage by continuing to ride.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Owner's manual says the yellow engine light indicates a problem with the DFI (digital fuel injection).

"If this light goes on, have the DFI system checked by an authorized Kawasaki dealer"

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
The closer the better...you may be doing damage by continuing to ride.
Yep and they may be able to refuse your warranty if you continue to ride with it on. I wouldnt even ride it there, park it up at home and ring them, tell them to come and get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts