Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Engine doesn't start.

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  stiv.trans 
#1 ·
Hello.
That is my first job on the bike for 3 years another then engine oil and chain service.
2014 Kawasaki ninja EX300cc.
Few days back came back home from work and bike just stall on me when I stopped at my parking. Tried to start engine but it didn't. Can hear numerous clicks and that's it.
Recharged battery. It took only 10-15 minutes with a 3A charger. Battery showing 12.41V without being connected. This charging didn't make any difference and bike still no wanna start.
Pushed downhill and started. Red battery light was ON. Added RPM to about 5000 and light whent off. Got back to parking. As soon as I lowered RPM to about 1500 engine stall.
Tried to tested stator. It have a similar readings on all 3 points (0.6 om) and nothing on the ground.
Tried to tested Rectifier. Didn't got any readings at all. Everywhere is showing (OL).
Currently doesn't have an option to perform any tests on the running engine because no one to help.
At this point I thinking that my Rectifier went bad and damaged battery.
What do you think?
Thank you

See less See more
#8 ·
It's always something. Looks like I can start and run my engine. But mechanics are too busy to change tire on my rear wheel that is already removed from bike... They told me to wait for 2 weeks.
Today did it with a friend of mine but no balance on the backyard. So I added 2 oz beets inside.

#9 ·
Did the beets work? I usually change the tires myself. I tried the beets once and they did nothing. I got a bad vibration around 65 mph.
I balance the wheels on the wheel axle and it's good enough for me.

I've been always tempted to buy this wheel balancer:
Kawasaki Motorcycle Wheel Balancer (marcparnes.com)
but never did it. Maybe for my next tire change.

#10 ·
Did the beets work? I usually change the tires myself. I tried the beets once and they did nothing. I got a bad vibration around 65 mph.
I balance the wheels on the wheel axle and it's good enough for me.

I've been always tempted to buy this wheel balancer:
Kawasaki Motorcycle Wheel Balancer (marcparnes.com)
but never did it. Maybe for my next tire change.
I didn't tried on the bike yet. Still need to put everything back together. Will text you later on the result.
How much of a beets did you put in the rear tire?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.