Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a peek at what I have done at the moment on my wifes ebony, she is a purple fanatic and of course try finding purple for anything motorcycle :) that she likes anyway. I finished the reflective stripe on the rear tail around the purple five minutes ago... haven't uploaded the pic yet but will take pics when I get the fender and top end finished. Plan to remove the reflectors after she finishes MSF course and black out her exhaust cover as well, and lots of purple to come....

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
looks really nice! take some higher res shots when you can, i bet the matte on shiney black gives a nice contrast in the sunlight

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks great, as soon as I finish it up I will have the wife Nikon the shit out of it, cell phones just dont do the job, the matte looked so boring until I offset it with the pin striping, it really pulled it out and it totally works together, damn sexy IMO and she loves it too

·
Registered
463 Posts
you plasti dip it?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, its 3M vinyl. Hope to finish some up this weekend and if so will post better pics, sun is supposed to be out but I have field work to do for my geology class this weekend too :( but hope to get some stuff up for viewing

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hopefully these look better... got a little more done and the color is not quite perfect on the pic but its late, was up all night last night on duty and have to get up to go to class tomorrow... the front view pic is really close on the color, the side view is still a bit blue looking but really pulls out the detail... and I decided to delete the front reflectors, could not find the allen head screws but swapped them with the top screws that you don't see...

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lemme know what you come up with, am about half way done but would love to see what you end up with, vinyl is tricky but with practice not too bad-- this is my first time using the stuff, like a stretchable sticker, and you need a heat gun, if you cut design just spray surface with diluted dish soap water and slide it around...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks good man gave me a great idea that might look awesome on the white ones too
Yep, my wife's TOTALLY into the white 300, but is ALSO a purple fan - if anyone has/knows of images of a white 300 with purple rim tape, would you please share?

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
The bike actually looks nice. I was thinking of plasti dip but now I think I would want to try the vinyl. Only thing imo looks ridiculous is the asian lettering on the windscreen. As an asian seeing that, it just looks goofy..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She likes the lettering... she wanted it on the fairing but I put it there and cut it out myself; it means joy-which is her name

1 - 18 of 18 Posts