Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For all those interested here are a few pics of my ebony 300 with the Musarri Carbon Fibre Slip on, not going to post a video as the sound is pretty much the same as all other slip ons, loud, its mainly for how it looks on the bike, personal preference really. I like the way that this one sits much more than others, especially the 2 Bros which doesnt seem to match the lines of the bike at all. Some people dont like the slightly upturned look but IMO it gives it much more of a SS look. Again personal preference but I know you all like pics so a few for y'all.

VERY loud with the baffle out and very deep at idle, not so deep at idle with the baffle in but still quite loud whilst riding. I think a few little holes drilled in the end of the baffle would increase the depth while the baffle is in, going to try this later on during the week as I prefer the not so obnoxious loudness whilst riding that tends to occur with the baffle out while still having a nice deep idle. If it dont work I'll just weld her back up!!! But will post up how that goes anyway.

Mufller doesnt really get that hot compared to the stock and RH indicator gets mildly warm after a longish ride (1 hour ride, but no hotter than when it has been sitting in the sun). No indication of any melting in any case as I know a few people have been worried of this issue. Absolutely no vibrations coming anywhere from the slip on, although the underside of the pivot bolt for the RH passenger foot peg does sit hard up against the muffler. With a bit more jigging around I am sure I could have got it to sit away a little but no biggie for me there and like I said, no vibration anyway so good enough for the bush. And if you have deleted your passenger foot pegs then this issue simply does not apply.

I would recommend this slip on to anyone as for the price of a little over 200 bucks, you cant beat it I reckon for both looks and sound.

http://www.xtremperformance.com/pro...2012-musarri-racing-exhaust-carbon-fiber.html

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks Good!

I have one of those Musarri CF models on order as well. :cool:

Looks good on your bike. And I agree with you about the noise - I like a good sound with a little volume (but nothing obnoxiously loud) to be heard when I'm splitting lanes or riding next to someone on the highway that has their cellphone stuck up against the side of their head... :eek:

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it paid for itself within literally the first 30 seconds that I had it on, came around slight bend and there was someone pulling out of their driveway.......lets just say he braked pretty hard once he heard me coming up the road...... and he definitely heard me before he saw me. With the stock exhaust I have no doubt he would have kept on reversing and could have been a bit of an emergency braking type of situation, something I am trying to avoid as much as possible.

I will let you know how drilling a hole or two in the end/base of the baffle goes noise wise, I do very much like the sound with the baffle in.......but would like it to be somewhat as deep at idle as when the baffle is removed. Will keep you updated there.

And to give you a bit of piece of mind, the guys at the shop all ride bikes (Kwikasfuki's at that) and put a lot of time into making sure everything fits nice. I had absolutely no probs with the installation, just remember that everything on the bracket like the spacers go on the front part of the mounting point, only the nut should be behind the mount. So basically you put all the bracket together, push the bolt through the hole and screw the nut on the back. It does come with a little pic/diagram but I can always post a close-up if you get a bit stuck there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
$285.25 AUD
=
$304.91 USD (at the exchange rate at the time)

No. I don't mind you asking. :)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, thats about right, was just checking to see if the cost for shipping was sorta the same to ship to the US as it is to ship from the US. Used to always think I was getting ripped off but feel ok bout it now. Still costs me much less to buy most things from the states..........this slip on was the first thing I have bought for the bike that didnt come from over there!!!

Enjoy it mate, you will love the new feel. And the new sound.

On another note, tried a bit of metalwork last night to see if I could get a hole in the end of that silencer/baffle just to let out a bit more of a deeper idle..........that sucker is made of unobtanium :eek:...........no chance of drilling a hole with my shitty little pistol drill, might give it a go on the drill press here at work.

·
Registered
561 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
For all those interested here are a few pics of my ebony 300 with the Musarri Carbon Fibre Slip on, not going to post a video as the sound is pretty much the same as all other slip ons, loud, its mainly for how it looks on the bike, personal preference really. I like the way that this one sits much more than others, especially the 2 Bros which doesnt seem to match the lines of the bike at all. Some people dont like the slightly upturned look but IMO it gives it much more of a SS look. Again personal preference but I know you all like pics so a few for y'all.

VERY loud with the baffle out and very deep at idle, not so deep at idle with the baffle in but still quite loud whilst riding. I think a few little holes drilled in the end of the baffle would increase the depth while the baffle is in, going to try this later on during the week as I prefer the not so obnoxious loudness whilst riding that tends to occur with the baffle out while still having a nice deep idle. If it dont work I'll just weld her back up!!! But will post up how that goes anyway.

Mufller doesnt really get that hot compared to the stock and RH indicator gets mildly warm after a longish ride (1 hour ride, but no hotter than when it has been sitting in the sun). No indication of any melting in any case as I know a few people have been worried of this issue. Absolutely no vibrations coming anywhere from the slip on, although the underside of the pivot bolt for the RH passenger foot peg does sit hard up against the muffler. With a bit more jigging around I am sure I could have got it to sit away a little but no biggie for me there and like I said, no vibration anyway so good enough for the bush. And if you have deleted your passenger foot pegs then this issue simply does not apply.

I would recommend this slip on to anyone as for the price of a little over 200 bucks, you cant beat it I reckon for both looks and sound.

http://www.xtremperformance.com/pro...2012-musarri-racing-exhaust-carbon-fiber.html
hi jeff, cant see any pics so dont know if they not there is is it just on my phone ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Na sorry mate the filesharing site I used erased them a while back, not sure why but I couldnt find them again. And dont have any pics left of my bike with the Musarri on.

Fantastic muffler though.
thats cool thanks for answering, xtreme have got them backin stock today so brought one tonight, so hangin out for the mailman now haha but hope this dood is not delivering it lol
http://m.youtube.com/?gl=AU#/watch?v=P_dcgjTI74o

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.