Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just recently purchased my 2015 Ninja 300 SE, but have immediately noticed I need a new exhaust on it, as well as a throttle lock/manual cruise for the highway driving I'll need to do (live in small town). I am just looking for opinions on such throttle lock or suggestions if anyone has one.

Anyway, I stumbled across this video while looking around and am seriously considering using a cheap china made exhaust or a "fake" Akrapovic exhaust from eBay or such for around $50. Even if it's just temporary until I upgrade in future. I understand these aren't just slip-on and I will need to go to a shop to get it fitted properly, but still, for the sound and price, it doesn't seem too bad. Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on this or has one installed on their bike.

I can't post links yet, but if you search on youtube, "Kawasaki Ninja 300, Ebay Carbon Exhaust" it will come up.
Thanks!

Edit: I apologize if this is the wrong section... It probably should be in new rider questions. Sorry.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Just go with a Danmoto for a DIY bolt on cheap exhaust and a Kuryakyn 6218 Universal Econo-Throttle Assist for the cruise control. I have and love both.

If your bike is in very good condition, the OEM exhaust can be sold for more than the aftermarket slip on. I've sold a few very good to like new Ninja 300 exhausts for around 180$. A cheap but decent slip on was actually a negative expense for me. There are cheaper Slip-ons than the Danmoto, but at least that part is a direct bolt on and among the highest quality cheap slip ons, so whereas it isn't a Yoshimura, you won't be let down with the experience either.

Hope that helps with both questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response! The condition seems fairly well, where would I have the best luck selling?

I am definitely considering the Danmoto now that you have suggested it, however, the look of the exhaust is fine but it's not exactly the style I want so I am I still looking at a cheaper eBay exhaust, any suggestions on that?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Thanks for the response! The condition seems fairly well, where would I have the best luck selling?

I am definitely considering the Danmoto now that you have suggested it, however, the look of the exhaust is fine but it's not exactly the style I want so I am I still looking at a cheaper eBay exhaust, any suggestions on that?

Thanks again!
Ebay, a good cleaning-detailing and good pictures.

There are quite a few different styles on the Danmoto page. I have the Ninja 300 Carbon GP which is pretty much your standard cheap Ebay Slip on. What exactly did you have in mind? A link would be best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am considering the Carbon GP, but like the look of this one: (I still cannot post links, but try this one instead)
"Kawasaki Ninja 300, Ebay Carbon Exhaust" : goo.gl/9PvMMu

On eBay there are many ads and different sizes but this one for example: "38-51mm Motorcycle Carbon Fiber Exhaust Muffler Pipe With Removable Silencer" : goo.gl/s9jRxf

·
Registered
914 Posts
I am considering the Carbon GP, but like the look of this one: (I still cannot post links, but try this one instead)
"Kawasaki Ninja 300, Ebay Carbon Exhaust" : goo.gl/9PvMMu

On eBay there are many ads and different sizes but this one for example: "38-51mm Motorcycle Carbon Fiber Exhaust Muffler Pipe With Removable Silencer" : goo.gl/s9jRxf
For the price, that looks like hydrographics and is obviously not carbon fiber. I'm not a fan of fake carbon fiber like that. But at that price it's certainly a steal and even if it doesn't work, it might just be worth playing around with. If I liked the product it's not like it's a huge risk. Go for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts