Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the universal fender eliminator from eBay for about $40. Put it on today and it took me about 2 hrs. It didn't have the plug connectors for the lights so I had to cut the tips and just directly wire them. The license plate light works perfect however the blinker not so well. They work but the don't flash. It's just a sold light when I use them. It's also solid in the dash too until I turn them off. Anybody know what I could of done wrong? This is my first bike and I don't know much about working on them. I really like the way the kit looks tho. So much better than the stick mud flap. If anybody could give me a few pointer on fixing this that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
805 Posts
Either you spliced the wiring wrong or one of the lights is messed up do some trouble shooting and you should figure it out I had the same problem had to splice my wires 3 diff times till I got a good solid proper job done (it was my first time ever doing this

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgot to mention this. I cut the little tips of the stock fender lights and just wired them to the new lights then I just plugged them into the bike. Could this be the issue?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Forgot to mention this. I cut the little tips of the stock fender lights and just wired them to the new lights then I just plugged them into the bike. Could this be the issue?
If its not a good enough connection then yes it's the issue it happened to me cause I failed at it 3x there's an article that helped me ill see if I can find it so u can try it out I had the same problem and it was driving me insane ,

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
If you have smaller, lower draw bulbs, even regular incandescent/non LEDs, you may need the new electronic relay. Search relay, or my older threads, the part number is listed there and it is under $8 at any auto parts store. If you mis-wired it I can't help you, each signal has 2 wires, hard to mess that up! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also make sure that you have a proper earth (negative) as that can cause them not to flash too....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts