Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellow Spartans, just joined the club on owning the new 300, actually times 2. I am not a beginner but the wife is a little shaky about riding so I stepped out of cruisers and picked up two 300's today. I got the Lime/ebony special edition and picked her up the ebony-will be mostly wrapped in purple decals so it will be purple and black. Already planning matching Yoshi exhaust, rear fender delete, LED or integrated turn signals, rear cowls, color match front visor, and bits and pieces here and there. The best part is this is a team project and will keep us busy on the weekends for years to come. Love the bikes already and at some point I may cover the lime on my bike with some Canyon Copper Pearl Metalic paint with wheels to match. I may get a new full fairing kit to do the paint and store the SE panels and Lime tank. Guess we will see, but good to find a site already dedicated to these bikes, for the design, MPG, and price you cannot beat it. I will eventually pick up a 626 but for a couple years I will commute on this little guy happily. Am sure I will hear plenty of BS from my GSXR riding friends but I don't have to make up for a lack of anything, everyones happy here ;) I will try to document what I do to improve this and that and share with everyone, gotta run and read some threads on the site.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Fine riding area

What part of Virginia? Waynesboro, at the southern end of the Skyline Drive and the northern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway. THE best place to run-in a new bike. Bought my 300 last Friday and have 200 miles on it. Now comes the cold weather - shucks. C'mon Spring, 2013. Maybe I should stay down in the valley - was chilly up on the mountain last Wednesday - did 93 miles that day.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Cold weather, cold smeather. I went joy riding yesterday with it being 35 degrees out in Chesapeake. Only thing that sucked was how bad my hands hurt. Other than that I was toasty. Definitely looking forward to the spring time riding though.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
What part of Virginia? Waynesboro, at the southern end of the Skyline Drive and the northern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway. THE best place to run-in a new bike. Bought my 300 last Friday and have 200 miles on it. Now comes the cold weather - shucks. C'mon Spring, 2013. Maybe I should stay down in the valley - was chilly up on the mountain last Wednesday - did 93 miles that day.
My parents live in Chesterfield and i'm contemplating a springtime trip up there just so i can go "mountaineering" on the scoot... though I don't think I would take US250 home like I did the last time I was there; there's something about running straightdown a mountain that was rather terrifying, and i can only imagine it on two wheels...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Waynesboro, ride near you every year from Montreal Canada. My sister owns a restaurant in downtown Louisa if you're ever up for a ride and lunch or supper. Obrigado on Main street. Music Friday nights, great food. We ride there every year on Memorial Day weekend. I'll keep you posted on our plans this year. Maybe we could organize a meet at the restaurant. Get a photo op with as many 300s in front of the place...Would be cool. Cheers, Brian.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me

Hey Waynesboro, ride near you every year from Montreal Canada. My sister owns a restaurant in downtown Louisa if you're ever up for a ride and lunch or supper. Obrigado on Main street. Music Friday nights, great food. We ride there every year on Memorial Day weekend. I'll keep you posted on our plans this year. Maybe we could organize a meet at the restaurant. Get a photo op with as many 300s in front of the place...Would be cool. Cheers, Brian.
Been watching you on this site, you sound a lot more serious about the "sport" than me, with the race participation and all. I am retired but from a motorcycling family, spent lots of weekends at Summit Point (WVa.) years ago with my brother and HIS nutty friends. Go through Louisa all the time, will look for the restaurant next pass and stop for a bite or two. Stay in touch. BTW, just saw this post today, but I will try to be there Memorial Day, 2013.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Another Virgin ian (Good)

Alexandria, VA here. Same for me, this my new HOV commuter bike. Almost bought a 250 last year.

If you mean 250 as in Ninja, I had looked at those for the last five years. A salesman talked me "out of" buying one because he wanted to sell-me-up to at least 600cc's. When I asked him what the range was on the 250 he just quipped: "who would want to ride a ninjette 200 miles?" ME. I just rode 226 miles last Tuesday with ease and comfort on my 300. I am 6'4", 215 lbs. and 62 years old. Have owned 650's, 1,000's (30 yrs. ago), so as soon as I discovered the new 300, I could not resist. This is the perfect bike for so many different skill levels: novice or veteran. Everybody should own one IMO. If you're new to this, don't miss the Skyline Drive / B.R. Pkwy.; roads made for the littlest ninjas.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<up in Hampton, work in VA Beach but originally from Montana, Navy brought me here. Bikes been great so far, pretty impressed at how quick a 300 cc bike can get it, wife is doing quite well learning and she did a no damage drop in the driveway and has since learned her lesson, didnt even scuff the fairing, a little scratch on the right mirror but no real damage. been out off and on pending decent cold weather and dry pavement, mainly riding to class at night and a little recreational riding during the day...

·
I &#9829; Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Staley - Are you gunna go to the polar bear run this sunday at the Farmers Market?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry I dont check this post often as I should ;) been busy putting the bikes together and getting my hauler set up as well. for questions shoot me a message, normally on nightly at least..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts