Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After experiencing ringing in my ears the last couple days I decided to ride w ear plugs. It is quiet pleasant. My question is: in the case of a spill and head injury could ear plugs be a problem. I'm imagining a situation where blood comes out of the ears and the ear plug prevents that flow of blood, possibly causing further injury. Can anyone chime in on this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
My only problem with ear plugs is that I feel that you are less aware of your surroundings, I could not really imagine any health issues in the event of a crash, but that's just my opinion I am not a doctor:D

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
After experiencing ringing in my ears the last couple days I decided to ride w ear plugs. It is quiet pleasant. My question is: in the case of a spill and head injury could ear plugs be a problem. I'm imagining a situation where blood comes out of the ears and the ear plug prevents that flow of blood, possibly causing further injury. Can anyone chime in on this?
If you're actively bleeding out of your ears after a crash, you have more things to worry about than blood in the ears. Other than that, still having your hearing in a few years is very invaluable. Unless your goal is to get an excuse to take a dog with you wherever you go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts