Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ducati Diavel rear fender?
Please educate me as I have never driven a motorcycle, yet. By removing the stock fender, the rooster tail of water that may occur, may break laws. So, would something like this be a solution? I know riding in the rain is not a choice, but it happens. When I get my Kawi, I want to drive it; I don't want to look in my rear view at cherries and have to pull over.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Its not against the law where I live.... in New Hampshire, USA... However! do not think this is the solution, it does nto wrap the tire at all, I think that is more just to mount your license plate. I doubt it would repel any rooster tail.

The stock fender stops a rooster tail from going up your back and covering your passenger, but no matter what you do, your going to have a bit of a rooster tale on bikes unless you get a fender that wraps the tire completely like on touring bikes, or cruisers.

Again, I doubt any law enforcement would give you a hassle over a rooster tale, its not liek they are even visually noticeable most of the time, and a truck soaks the car in your rear more than a motorcycles dinky rooster tale... Not sure about the laws where u live though.

Also, a rear tire hugger would not help rooster tales because it does not wrap the rear of the tire.

Reactions: iJonesZ
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.