Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, dropped my bike, i was reversing it and the next step my foot ends up on an uneven manhole lid and i lose balance, i try keeping it up but my leg was twisted and i could not handle it, so i placed it down, no scratches no dents, but my gear shifter is bent and got a nasty dent, i straightened the shifter pedal but there is still some dent left, i could shift all my gears normally, do i need to change the shifter ? if yes, where could i find em ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
If the gear shifter was to mess up on a ride it could cost you your life. I would change it. It's not worth the risk. Plenty of online retailers offer new shifters and rear sets. Some are even forum sponsors like hard racing ect.. If looking got oem replacement Kawasaki part house is the best bet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
51 Posts
I replaced my gear lever after it bent just for the piece of mind, plus it was pretty bad and hitting the rod even after I bent it back. It was only $40 and I got it through the dealer I bought the bike from. It was on back order and took about a month to get here but I'm happy I replaced it. Really easy to put on and it gave me the chance to adjust it down to better fit my riding style

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How are third party rear sets compared to the OEM's both performance and durability ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just put on the rear set brackets and i am able to turn alot easier just bc of being in a more aggressive stance. 81.95 at revzilla.com
Link Please !!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pic of your bent lever? A broken shift lever won't kill you IMO. You probably won't be shifting up/down in a corner. If it breaks on a straight, you can just coast to safety - not like your throttle is stuck on.

For peace of mind, get a new shifter.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pic of your bent lever? A broken shift lever won't kill you IMO. You probably won't be shifting up/down in a corner. If it breaks on a straight, you can just coast to safety - not like your throttle is stuck on.

For peace of mind, get a new shifter.
1371066587983.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts