Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I dropped my first bike awhile back. Brand new then the first next day i just barely got my ninja 300 while reversing on an incline i dropped it . . . theres cracks and scratches . Its been a month now and i feel confident in riding making better judgements on what i do. Can i get advice what should i do in terms with my scratched and cracked up large fairings? I called in and they said it would cost 400$ to replace it . Is there a cheaper alternative to fix cracked and scratched up fairings? Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I used Rustoleum bedliner spray. It is a flat, fine textured finish that is super durable and easy to retouch. My bike wasn't even scratched, I just love this stuff and the texture/durability.

Wash the panel with good soap. Sand the panel with light grit, anything over 150 is fine, I've used even 400. Wash it again. You need to remove any old wax or grease.

Practice on a scrap of cardboard. This paint runs super easy. You need to move it quickly and keep distance.

Mask the whole bike, expose only what you want painted.

Shoot very light coats, you should still see the original color for 2 coats. Give 10-15 minutes between. If you get a drip/run, let it dry 30 minutes, sand it off and do it again.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
It'll out work, out pull and out fook anything in its class. It's not a fooking tractor!

I love it! Classic stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts