Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;)As I arrived home from work, I pushed the kickstand down but Since I was leaning a little to the side I didn't notice it retracted. As I was getting off the bike tipped over, and I held on to it with all my strength. Unfortunately I wasn't able to pull it back up in the position I was in so without any other option I gently lowered it and moved around it to pull it back up. Luckily I only scrapped the tail light against the wall of the house. That was it.

Talk about a mini heart attack I can live with the damage though. :D

·
Banned
562 Posts
Glad you are ok
hope it fixes easy for you

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i did something similar about 17 years ago when i started riding road bikes, it was my 1996 model honda CBR250RR

i lave since learnt to put the sidestand down and gently rock the bike side to side to be sure it wont fall over and *then* step off the bike

never dropped another once since;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Similar even happened to me except mine retracted and followed up by shoving me to the ground. So may I ask is this your only damage, and how did you manage to get the back end like that? Must have laid it down at a weird angle?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hope you're ok! Lucky that was all that was damaged.
I had something similar. I moved the bike forward in my garage and didn't realise the stand had retracted when I went to lean it over like normal! Lucky only damaged the bar end and shift lever! Not a single scratch anywhere else. Learnt to always check the stand!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Glad I am not the only one who had a mishap like this...not that it's a wonderful experience.
But it does allow me to not feel like a total putz. :p

Reactions: matthew300

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I almost dropped my buddies bike, which is only 20lbs lighter ('13 CBR250R) and it was **** to catch and bring it back up.

@This Girl Rides - Stop downing yourself over it. If you did it full well KNOWING that it was going to happen, then that's something to down yourself over. Mistakes happen!

·
Registered
839 Posts
lol, not downing myself..i'm past that.
but realistically it hurts your heart to see your bike hurt :p

it's okay, some mods on the way and much more planned ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I also had a drop of my bike.. I was soooo pissed because it was such a stupid mistake, but as a Noob, I didn't know any better.

I park my black 300 inside of a narrow door garage at work.. So on the second day of brining it to work I tried walking my bike out in reverse outside the narrow door to turn it around facing my desired riding direction.. Well, just outside the door we have a small concrete ramp leading into the garage. As I was walking along side the left side of my bike, one hand on the clutch side bar and one hand on the rear seat strap, I went to step out of the door and the uneven ground of the inside of the garage and the ramp threw my balance off and the bike began tipping away from me....

With all my strength I tried to hold it up, but I was still off balance. The best I could do is lightly lay the bike down on the concrete ramp.. It lightly scratched the right fender (I now have my Monster decals taking the emphasis away of it and have been told they should easily buff out being only surface scratches), the edge corner of the stock exhaust (eventually plan to get a slip on to replace), and lightly chipped a small corner of the motor near the oil cap (hardly noticeable unless told where to look)..

I have now learned to sit on the bike and walk it out in reverse while mounted and having full control of the weight with my legs on each side to brace and balance the weight .. LESSON LEARNED THE HARD WAY!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reason the tail light was the only damage was because it came in contact with the wall of the house. Since my garage door doesn't open I park the bike right in front of the front door next to the support beam. So It's at an angle. Since the rear end of the bike was closer to the wall It kinda allowed me to lay it on the floor easier but only scratched the tail light. Lesson learned though, I'm okay, but now I know not to get off until it's secure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts