Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i got my bike about three weeks ago, and i dropped it today on the sidewalk curb...Only a few minor scratches, no biggie there, but there is a loose cable that concerns me! I dont know if you can clearly see it in the pictures but its a grayish/black cable that is behind the gear shifter and the kickstand. Its completely loose! The bike is working fine, but i have no clue what that cable is! Im not going to have the cash to take it to the shop for at least a few weeks. Any help would be appreiated

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just to make things a bit clearer for anyone who wants to take a stab at it, that's tubing, not a cable.

In my completely uninformed opinion, this looks like maybe it's associated with the cooling system. From where it's positioned, you should be able to look right underneath the lower fairing there and see where it used to be attached. At worst you might need to get a small hose clamp to reattach it.

·
Registered
923 Posts
That is your breathing hose from your gas tank. It's suppose to be right there. You're good. There is one on both sides of your bike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My bad. Tubing. But is it supposed to be loose? Im no mechanic (im a complete nooooob), but it looks like it ripped off from somewhere. I cant quite see where the other end goes to.

edit:

I should add, after i dropped it, it took like 10 minutes before the bike would start up again. After that, i rode it like 15 miles back home, and it ran fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Exactly.. two hoses... they both sit comfy in a little bracket on either side of the bike.
Exactly. Sometimes they just pop out of that bracket when dropped, hasnt happened to mine but a mate has the 650RL and his are hanging looser then that. Npthing to worry about, you can tuck them back under if they concern you

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thats reassuring. It looked broken to me because of the little black thing on the end that looks like it ripped off something. As long as it wasnt actually connected to anything, then it shouldnt be a problem

·
Registered
923 Posts
The little black thing is actually what held the hose in place. It sits right next to your kickstand. That shouldn't cost too much of you were to replace it, but its not detrimental to the bike uploadfromtaptalk1360286762402.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
It just hangs loose, but it still goes in its own slot.... its more of a guide. If that makes sense
hey,could you be a little more specific on where it goes? i just installed my OEM factory frame sliders, and as i took the middle fairings off, i noticed the hose afterwards.

I have no idea where it belongs, and I just have it hanging loose.. without attached to anything..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts