Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was SO excited to go riding today seems Hydro got off early so we go on a nice long ride in The Villages here. Well in the middle of riding we found a Best Buy and I thought "Oh Hey! Im gonna get a geek squad car pic for the forum game"...well no geek squad cars in site, even in the rear because we even checked there.

Okay...onward; I pull into a parking spot in the parking lot with Hydro to map out where we were gonna go from there and was gonna stretch my legs a bit..bad idea. I kicked my kickstand down and when I went to set the bike down onto it it folded back up...bike went down, shoved me down under it trapping my legs, and screwed my bike all up. I'm upset at myself for not double checking my kick stand, but who knew it would fold back up?! So needless to say I cried my eyes out....bad...like mascara running all down my face crying. & to top it off im crying again as I type this. Go figure, its not because I made a driving error and laid my bike down...or had a blonde moment and did something completely idiotic....it was something like this.

So here is my damage;

(SCUFFED LEFT MIRROR)

(BROKEN LEFT CLUTCH LEVER)

(SCRATCHES ON SIDE FAIRING)

(BENT GEAR SHIFTER)

So that being said, if anyone has any of the above said parts they have changed out and want to sell...please let me know. That is the clutch lever, gear shifter, and mirror. Fairing is light, so im gonna try my best to buff it....thankfully I think my legs caught the best of it when the bike came down.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
:-( no bueno

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$30 on eBay for adjustable levers in any of the 8 colors or so that they offer..

The shifter will bend back if you take it off and beat on it.. Of you can upgrade to new rearsets :D
Got any links for the $30 ebay, I looked and couldn't find em..

and while I got ya diggin' any links to rearsets?

We did bend the lever back....it works fine, it just bothers me because I know it was bend, ya know?

Seriously, haven't cried that hard in YEARS...it was actually quite pitiful how hard I was crying. She (my bike) is my baby, hate to see her get hurt!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sucks! But it has happened to me as well. as for the mirror get fine sand paper like 600 or as close to it as you can. with the rest no time like the present to upgrade.
Will do that this weekend, thanks.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Look up 250R adjustable levers. I first bought a set from The 2 Wheels and then I decided to try the cheapest ones I could find which were I think $28 on ebay and they are great. They are the same as the $200 Pazzo levers that I had on my 600.

Also 250R rear sets will work.. On my bike I have a set of SV Racing Rear Sets, they were $175, fully adjustable. I have a whole thread about them on here..

What I recommend is get the 250R levers and then swap parts from your husbands bike and see if he notices :D

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
i did the same thing years ago on my cbr250rr

the lesson i took away from that is how i park all bikes ever since

i put side stand down, i lean bike over and put on to side stand and gentle rock side to side just to be sure its down well and good, then get off

never had it happen since.:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I dropped my baby as well on Christmas Eve. I was going to my parents' house. They have one of those keypads on their garage. So I dismounted and opened it up. Instead of starting the bike back up and riding into the garage, I had the bright idea to walk her in. Keep in mind their driveway is quite steep. Predictably, she went down on her right side.

Here's the damage:
Tire Auto part Automotive tire Brake Wheel

Motor vehicle Vehicle Green Automotive tire Tire

Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Car

As you can see, the physical damage is pretty minor, but it definitely ruined my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think my ego got hurt more than anything, Hydro laughed at me when it happened.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya, I will admit...I was crying to the point it was quite pitiful.

Ya know when you cry so hard you find yourself gasping between sobs...
that was totally me..with black mascara streaming down my face.

Oh well...

Thankfully Cbzdel is the man of many mods...lol
I got some shorter levers im about to order...now i'm contemplating whether I wanna just do the black levers with chrome adjusters or add in some color...decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
If you plan on sticking stock, I think the titanium adjusters would really match the factory components.. That what I would of did if I stayed stock.. But like you said I am a man of many mods so nothing of mine is stock anymore haha!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Indeed, I plan on doing lots of mods...

BUT, in a sense I really like the clean looks of staying with the black/white/titanium/chrome kind of look....think im gonna do black shorty levers with titanium adjusters. ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dont forget to order a set for your husband! Its not his fault your crashed, so you alone cant be rewarded for crashing haha :D
Hey hey hey now, he laughed at me!
He can't decide on his accent color so his will have to wait..he is tossed between green and burnt orange..
and guys say women are the indecisive ones..pshhh

I ordered mine, :D
I'll be stalking my mail lady's truck now, ha ha!

Also, looked at the rear sets you spoke of, LOVE EM!
Definitely gonna have to save up and grab me some...

so...any cool ideas about my bar ends?
any entire grip swaps or cool ends I can grab?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I used to stop, kick the stand down and jump off in one movement when I was younger until I did this same thing. You can also do it if you are parked downhill a little, if you lean against the bike and upright it a little before you get on if you've left the bike in N. The bike starts to roll a little downhill and the kickstand springs up before you are ready. Glad you weren't hurt.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.