Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so in the beginning, i was eyeing the Ninja 636 for a possible upgrade (god willing, would have been able to hold on the 300 as well for inner city commuting).

Yesterday, i realized I don't want a super sport.

WHY?

Because I REALLY WANT A SUPER SPORT! All i wanted to do was go 150mph on 595 here in Fort lauderdale and the fact that 300 can't do that keeps me in check lol.

I'll probably throw an area-p exhaust tune in it to get a few extra HP out of it and keep myself from suicidal tendencies in the future lol

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
so in the beginning, i was eyeing the Ninja 636 for a possible upgrade (god willing, would have been able to hold on the 300 as well for inner city commuting).

Yesterday, i realized I don't want a super sport.

WHY?

Because I REALLY WANT A SUPER SPORT! All i wanted to do was go 150mph on 595 here in Fort lauderdale and the fact that 300 can't do that keeps me in check lol.

I'll probably throw an area-p exhaust tune in it to get a few extra HP out of it and keep myself from suicidal tendencies in the future lol
You need better self control. Just because you can, you have to?

I hope you have a slow car as well.

Reactions: ben

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the car is still quick enough, but I don't push it these days. Guess I'm just enjoying the excitement of long open roads as opposed to NY's congested traffic

·
Registered
40 Posts
Me and my buddy would drive to college 120+ haulin A$$, now when I drive home everytime first thing that comes to mind is, HOW THE HELL DID WE NOT GET CAUGHT!?!? The drive is 45 min Seagoville-Grand Prarire,Tx. Now Im older tad bit wiser I dont bothtest limits in speed, just control...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
the fastest ive ever gone over on my bike thus far is 25 and that's because normal traffic goes at least 15 over a certain bridge near me. needless to say when i looked down and saw "98" i quickly slowed and changed lanes

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Oh. So you've never WANTED to ride 150MPH? Darwinism would be him actually doing it. He said he doesn't want to get a big bike because he knows he couldn't fight the temptation.
Difference between Wanting to, and Going to.

Again, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
All i wanted to do was go 150mph on 595 here in Fort lauderdale and the fact that 300 can't do that keeps me in check lol.

Difference between Wanting to, and Going to.

Again, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Going by what he wrote... he isn't going to and he picked the 300 to KEEP himsel from doing such things.

Ah, English are hard.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Going by what he wrote... he isn't going to and he picked the 300 to KEEP himsel from doing such things.

Ah, English are hard.
He didn't pick up the 300 to keep himself from doing it. He wants a bigger bike PLUS the 300.

And the only reason why he won't get a bigger bike, is because he'd be overwhelmed with desire to go said 150MPH.

So again, he needs more self control, and therefore, can buy the super sport that he wants.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Well I understand that. Speed is addictive. Unfortunately, the 636 may not be the fix. A better idea is a liter bike which will have much higher torque especially down low as well as more usable power. The 600 supersports are notorious for having their power up high. You may want to beat a sports car off the line. My GSXR 1000 will do that. Yes, it is dangerous, but if you pick your times to speed and make sure you are in control, you will probably be OK. I'm 67 and I was on an open road today on my Gixxer with good visibility, no cars, no cops and opened it up for a few seconds to 135 mph. I got my fix for a while now. LOL By all means keep the 300. Not only will the 300 prepare you for a faster bike, but riding the heavier and much faster bike will make you a better rider when you get back on the 300. You might even decide to do some track time with both bikes.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
why not sell the 300 and go buy a Jet Powered Motorcycle if you want to go fast

if your going to go fast, might as well do it in style,lol
OOOOOOHHH there's an idea...the worlds first jet powered 300!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.