Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say a few words. This bike is crazy fun and it gets more fun every day. I find it hard not to twist the throttle. My last bike was a cruiser and I found myself mostly commuting in a fairly mellow way looking for maximum MPG. I have to admit, it's a little embarrassing, I have been babying the 300 and am trying to slowly build up the RPM's. But as I gradually push it more and more I find my commute has changed a lot. This thing can zip around town like a crazy and I always show up early to work :) I know this is a popular beginners bike and it breaks my heart to see novice riders getting hurt. I know many times it's the fault of other people doing crazy shit but we must give ourselves time to compensate and hope we can avoid whatever comes up. What I'm saying is, it is tempting to get crazy but we need to stay focused on why we love riding and make sure we can do it for the rest of our lives. When I went to pick up my bike I asked my salesman if I should keep it under 4000k for break in. He smiled and said. That's impossible:) Be safe guys. I'm very grateful for this forum and the good people participating. Hate to hear when anyone gets hurt. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
This bike is crazy fun and it gets more fun every day. I find it hard not to twist the throttle..
your spot on the money. this bike and small bikes like the 250's are so much fun its insane. i love the fact as with all small bikes you can open the throttle fully & wait for the power to kick in & rip thru gears and see your still doing under the speed limit.

lol

best of all is the great fuel economy. i have copped a lot of ribbing cos im an experienced rider who has come back to what is considered a "learner" or "beginner bike", but this bike is so much fun to ride. it reminds me so much of the 2000 model vfr800 i had when it comes to handling, best thing is it is so darn light you can really throw this bike around, a little more power would be nice, but for what it is, its awesome value for money. i miss my old suzuki across gsx250f with the scream if the inline 4 cylinder engine from 10 grand to 16 grand it was awesome.even my 2006 cbr250rr redlined at 19,000 and its scream was incredible & a lot of fun to ride as well.

its nice to come back to a smaller cc bike after owning much larger cc bikes & much heavier bikes as well. great bike to hone your skills on if you an experienced rider.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts