Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was thinking of adding nissin, calipers, hel steel braded cables, galifer discs and of course sintered pads.
My friend told be that it will through your abs out of sync.... I always believed they worked by monitoring the wheel itself and make those adjustments itself.
If I change these will I need to do anything to the abs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am adding these mods because my brakes get very hot on a mountain pass I go through lots of hair pin corners and straights . I am adding for brake feel and brake fade. I know it wont do much in terms of stopping distance

·
Registered
365 Posts
No. you don't need to re calibrate the ABS. The ABS uses the ABS ring and the sensor. It doesn't use the caliper to detect sliding.

There is an older thread several pages long about this. Do a search.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info I had a feeling he was talking a lose of rubbish.
I appreciate it

·
Registered
381 Posts
As long as the ABS tone ring is still there, the ABS will work as designed. My ninja isn't ABS so I don't know if the tone ring is part of the disc or not, but if it is just make sure the new disc has the tone ring (or you are able to use your existing tone ring). The tone ring is the little ring with a series of windows cut out. If I recall, some bikes have the tone ring riveted to the disc, some have a completely separate tone ring, and some even have the windows cut into the disc itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts