Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a two brothers slip-on exhaust (not too crazy about boosting performance). Should I wait a certain number of kilometers?

My dealer suggests I wait but if it's not completely necessary I'd prefer not to.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You might love the sound so much you'll rev it out just for fun ;)

No reason you can't change now and still be breaking the bike in.

·
Registered
865 Posts
yeah bro, you'll be fine lol

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I wish I could take back every mile I rode without the tuner too! :cool:
What exactly did you have done mate? I have done nearly everything I wanna do to the bike, just installed my new Musarri CF Slip on (which sound and look freaking awesome for anyone that is wondering, pics tonight) and the only thing left is a bit of a tune.

Did you feel much difference with a tune and what did you ask for? I was leaning towards asking for mid-range (6-10k RPM) as this is where I think most of the time is spent when I ride, but value your opinion mate.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I decatted my header, have an Akra can and K&N panel filter and got a Area P tuner with full open system tuned for the filter as well. It added power everywhere, and it now revs hard to the 12,500 soft limiter and even to the 13000 mark when pushed.

Don't hesitate. Makes an impressive 300 a real treat, engine runs better everywhere. No complaints, worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I decatted my header, have an Akra can and K&N panel filter and got a Area P tuner with full open system tuned for the filter as well. It added power everywhere, and it now revs hard to the 12,500 soft limiter and even to the 13000 mark when pushed.

Don't hesitate. Makes an impressive 300 a real treat, engine runs better everywhere. No complaints, worth every penny.
What did u pay for your tuner? I'm doing the same as u, but getting full exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts