1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.
Here is my issue.
The bike was working perfectly.
I turned the bike to the left at full lock and the bike shut off.
Everything. But when i returned it to a straight position it turned on.
It then did the same thing but this time it's fully shut off.
The only things working are the two small bulbs out front, the break and indicators including the indicator lights on the dash.
The rest of the dash is not working and when i press on the breaks the rear lights disappear followed by a buzzing sound.
Checked battery and fuses and all good.
I was told it might be a wire loose somewhere but even though i service my bike and have some knowhow when it comes to this electrical issue i am stumped.
I need help if possible fellas and gals.
I include some photos
IMG_20210203_164639.jpg
IMG_20210203_164634.jpg
IMG_20210203_164639.jpg

Very grateful for any advice

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think you may need to remove the tank and look at the wiring in the area where it moves/bends when you turn the bars.

Most likely a wire has partially broken at the point where it constantly has to bend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think you may need to remove the tank and look at the wiring in the area where it moves/bends when you turn the bars.

Most likely a wire has partially broken at the point where it constantly has to bend.
^ Yup.

Turn the bars to the left with the bike sitting stationary (and running) to see if you can duplicate the problem. Get a friend to sit on the bike and turn the bars while you're under the fairings looking up along the fork tubes. Also, check for any wires that are being pulled. The wire that is bending the most or being pulled the most is likely your culprit.

·
Registered
452 Posts
And since the bike turns off, I would start looking at the wires that go to and from the ignition lock, and the power cut off on the right handle bar.

If you had had a shortcut, at least one fuse should be burnt. I guess it may be a loose connector or a wire that got pinched and got cut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts