Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I never even attempted a burnout on my bike yet. Tires are expensive! lol
I know what am I thinking. Thank God it's just imaginary. Although I want to wear out the stock tires and put on some big fat sexy AF 160/60 rear tires very soon.

*does a bunny hop on the 300 lil beast*

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know what am I thinking. Thank God it's just imaginary. Although I want to wear out the stock tires and put on some big fat sexy AF 160/60 rear tires very soon.

*does a bunny hop on the 300 lil beast*
Ha the reason why I'm still on stock is because every thing I read about all the tires I look at contradict each other. I'm about to just say fuck it and get another road winner, because at least I know those work for me. Better safe then sorry. xD

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ha the reason why I'm still on stock is because every thing I read about all the tires I look at contradict each other. I'm about to just say fuck it and get another road winner, because at least I know those work for me. Better safe then sorry. xD
If you're talking about the stock tires, Hell yeah! People talked shit about the 250 tires being crap (which I believe are the same as the 300), but the I didn't find anything wrong with em down here on the roads of Hawaii, and there's this place called Tantalus or Round Top drive, which is a twisty road running all the way up and down a mountain which most locals use as a race track, well at least I do and I've had the utmost confidence in them.

I did change out the 250 rear tire to, I forgot which one, but it was a 150/60 and although I did love the stability of the name brand wider rear tire, after 10,000 miles it was already bald and worn out and the front stock tire still had alot of life left in it.

I'm thinking that these stock tires on my new 300 will at least last 15,000 maybe 20,000 miles before I'd have to replace em, and that's just guessing with the stock tire on my 250 which I had 13,000 miles on before I traded her for the 300.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you're talking about the stock tires, Hell yeah! People talked shit about the 250 tires being crap (which I believe are the same as the 300), but the I didn't find anything wrong with em down here on the roads of Hawaii, and there's this place called Tantalus or Round Top drive, which is a twisty road running all the way up and down a mountain which most locals use as a race track, well at least I do and I've had the utmost confidence in them.

I did change out the 250 rear tire to, I forgot which one, but it was a 150/60 and although I did love the stability of the name brand wider rear tire, after 10,000 miles it was already bald and worn out and the front stock tire still had alot of life left in it.

I'm thinking that these stock tires on my new 300 will at least last 15,000 maybe 20,000 miles before I'd have to replace em, and that's just guessing with the stock tire on my 250 which I had 13,000 miles on before I traded her for the 300.
15k? o_O I desperately need to replace an I just hit 6k. Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I think people just need to learn there bike more before they start blaming things on these tires tho. I can come to a dead red light stop from 60-80 mph fast and easy on wet road.

·
Registered
887 Posts
160 profile is too wide for a 300, 150 is your max and what I would go with.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I read everything here, fun topic lol

I guess I'll quickly share my opinion on all that was discussed here.

Jacob, I hope you'll find the one you'll want to spend your life with. Quality is better than quantity. Of course to stay with one for life will require shaping or your and her characters.

My view on marriage is traditional and I believe America can be strong again with strong families. Problem is people don't fight for successful marriages anymore. Divorce rate is very high, tons of children are born out of wedlock, most children grow up without fathers. Just look at stats of criminals. Most of them are raised in unsuccessful families. If Americans can learn to control themselves and to make right decisions, instead of picking girls/guys up and try to have sex with as many partners as possible, America would be much better place. There are no more values of families in America.

I definitely give respect to Vladimir Putin for his traditional and Christian views on family. I know he is a dictator, but he keeps Russia strong.

Let's see what else, Domestic Violence was discussed as well. I work in the Criminal Justice field and agree that there are many female aggressors in DV. Still though, most are men from my experience. Main problem I see is because of liability, any assault or threat in domestic environment results in an arrest, causing way more issues down the road. That's what America has become, too much political correctness, too much lawsuits etc.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Let's see what else, Domestic Violence was discussed as well. I work in the Criminal Justice field and agree that there are many female aggressors in DV. Still though, most are men from my experience.
Don't get me wrong - I agree that the majority of DV offenders are male - But I just think that (in my country) there is a blind-sided view that all respondents are male and all aggreiveds are female, and that emotional abuse and fiscal control aren't seen as DV. When they actually are. These things usually lead men to lash out, and then they get hauled away.

Other than that - I agree. Putin is bat-sh!t crazy, but I do agree with some of what he says.
(& FWIW I fought long and hard to save my marriage - going to lengths far in excess of what I should have. But in the end she didn't want to save it. And my boys are doing well with the split and will grow up (so far) to be good guys). :)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Here's my logic about 'fighting' for a marriage. A good relationship isn't a fight; it's nearly effortless. BAD relationships are a fight.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Here's my logic about 'fighting' for a marriage. A good relationship isn't a fight; it's nearly effortless. BAD relationships are a fight.

I agree totally, after 29 years of marriage we are still smiling and laughing WITH each other!
Well, sometimes she laughs at me......but it is usually because i'm acting like a 19 year old....>:)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
There's a difference between fighting IN a marriage and fighting FOR a marriage, when things go pear shaped.
But, if things are really good it won't get to divorce/break-up talk in the first place. I've never seriously threatened to leave my girlfriend and vice-versa. We just don't fight that much...and if we disagree we don't do it in an unhealthy way, but some people don't know how to disagree without a scorched-Earth policy. It does help if both parties know how to actually argue a point without getting personal.

If someone wants to leave you, how do you fight for that anyway? If someone is at that point I think you're already done.

·
Registered
144 Posts
But, if things are really good it won't get to divorce/break-up talk in the first place. I've never seriously threatened to leave my girlfriend and vice-versa. We just don't fight that much...and if we disagree we don't do it in an unhealthy way, but some people don't know how to disagree without a scorched-Earth policy. It does help if both parties know how to actually argue a point without getting personal.

If someone wants to leave you, how do you fight for that anyway? If someone is at that point I think you're already done.
I think that's a very simplistic view, so I'll clarify a bit. I was married to my high school sweetheart for 9 and a bit years. Never had a major argument, always talked out our problems. I always supported her in anything she wanted to do. So when she started going out with her friends I said 'have a great time' and watched the kids. This became a bit more regular and then I found out she wasn't actually going out with her friends - she was sleeping around. So I was gutted. But I tried to work out where we had gone wrong. I went back to courting her with weekends away, nice gifts etc as well as going to counselling with her. In the end she said she should have never married me, and I was boring. So I told her to do what she had to to be happy (I didn't want to be in a relationship with someone who didn't want to be with me) so she left me, the kids and the mortgage and went off with half our assets.

I 'fought' to save our marriage by fixing any perceived problems. But when it became clear I was the problem of course I let it slide and she left. It ain't always as easy as you put it.

Now I have a drop dead gorgeous fiance who bought me a motorbike (and just got her licence too!), loves to f#[email protected], and thinks the world of me. So it all worked out for the best anyway :)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I think that's a very simplistic view, so I'll clarify a bit. I was married to my high school sweetheart for 9 and a bit years. Never had a major argument, always talked out our problems. I always supported her in anything she wanted to do. So when she started going out with her friends I said 'have a great time' and watched the kids. This became a bit more regular and then I found out she wasn't actually going out with her friends - she was sleeping around. So I was gutted. But I tried to work out where we had gone wrong. I went back to courting her with weekends away, nice gifts etc as well as going to counselling with her. In the end she said she should have never married me, and I was boring. So I told her to do what she had to to be happy (I didn't want to be in a relationship with someone who didn't want to be with me) so she left me, the kids and the mortgage and went off with half our assets.

I 'fought' to save our marriage by fixing any perceived problems. But when it became clear I was the problem of course I let it slide and she left. It ain't always as easy as you put it.

Now I have a drop dead gorgeous fiance who bought me a motorbike (and just got her licence too!), loves to f#[email protected], and thinks the world of me. So it all worked out for the best anyway :)
You proved my point, but I appreciate you sharing your story.

You basically fought for something you couldn't control (I'll refrain from using harsh terms for your ex). Someone you trusted enough to marry was sleeping around. I am not blaming YOU, I am just saying that you did not have a good relationship, or you didn't have the relationship you thought you had before you found out about her cheating. You had someone who was insincere and untrustworthy who used your good-will and trust to do whatever the hell she wanted. You can't fight for someone like this. You did marry her and have kids with her, and she still cheated. This person has no ethical foundation if she's willing to put you through that and I wouldn't trust someone like that for very long after.

YOU may be willing to do the right things, but she demonstrably wasn't. You may be the best partner ever, but you cannot control what other people do. You can make suggestions or show preference, but someone who's a bad person will do exactly the sort of thing your ex-wife did. Had you know she was like this you probably wouldn't have married her or had kids with her.

Also, I am fairly certain that if you could have had your first wife not cheat on you or be as perfect as you thought when you married her, you'd have taken that option. Although you ended up in a better place, it was *her* choice by putting you through no small measure of hell. Just be glad you found out when you did. It's like crashing a motorcycle. Most of us would avoid crashes if we could, but they teach us something. Almost none of us set out to crash or would choose a crash, even if there's something to be learned from them. Same with bad relationships. I've crashed motorcycles and had bad relationships too. Both suck, even if I learned from them.

The point stands. A good relationship doesn't require fighting or doesn't need to be 'fought for'. People who don't know this have probably never been in a healthy relationship with an appropriate partner.

In your new 'good' relationship, how much do you have to fight for it? See? :D Also remember the honeymoon phase. You don't really know your partner until you see how she handles a disagreement or how she handles the power-shift of marriage—but I imagine that almost anything is better than some female who sleeps around on you while you watch the kids. That's pretty much as bad as it gets apart from an outright criminal or murderer.

Since you're already set to marry again, just be sure you're going in with eyes wide open and be honest about the type of person you're with (or ask your friends who have less of a stake in it).

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You proved my point, but I appreciate you sharing your story.

You basically fought for something you couldn't control (I'll refrain from using harsh terms for your ex). Someone you trusted who was sleeping around. I am not blaming YOU, I am just saying that you did not have a good relationship, or you didn't have the relationship you thought you had before you found out about her cheating. You had someone who was insincere and untrustworthy who used your good-will and trust to do whatever the hell she wanted. You can't fight for someone like this. You did marry her and have kids with her, and she still cheated. This person has no ethical foundation if she's willing to put you through that and I wouldn't trust someone like that for very long after.

YOU may be willing to do the right things, but she demonstrably wasn't. You may be the best partner ever, but you cannot control what other people do. You can make suggestions or show preference, but someone who's a bad person will do exactly the sort of thing your ex-wife did. Had you know she was like this you probably wouldn't have married her or had kids with her.

Also, I am fairly certain that if you could have had your first wife not cheat on you or be as perfect as you thought when you married her, you'd have taken that option. Although you ended up in a better place, it was *her* choice by putting you through no small measure of hell. Just be glad you found out when you did. It's like crashing a motorcycle. Most of us would avoid crashes if we could, but they teach us something. Almost none of us set out to crash or would choose a crash, even if there's something to be learned from them. Same with bad relationships. I've crashed motorcycles and had bad relationships too. Both suck, even if I learned from them.

The point stands. A good relationship doesn't require fighting or doesn't need to be 'fought for'. People who don't know this have probably never been in a healthy relationship with an appropriate partner.

In your new 'good' relationship, how much do you have to fight for it? See? :D Also remember the honeymoon phase. You don't really know your partner until you see how she handles a disagreement or how she handles the power-shift of marriage—but I imagine that almost anything is better than some female who sleeps around on you while you watch the kids. That's pretty much as bad as it gets apart from an outright criminal or murderer.

Since you're already set to marry again, just be sure you're going in with eyes wide open and be honest about the type of person you're with (or ask your friends who have less of a stake in it).
I've heard stories where one person cheated due to problems in the relationship, they were caught, the partner then realized where they were going wrong, they go to therapy, and things are worked out. That's fighting for a relationship.

to me, all of that work sounds like it involves sacrificing too many months/years of happiness just to work something out. I'd rather be single and happy most of my days versus some of them. I have it good when I'm single, though, so I am being a bit biased. Most people seem to hate being single... losers >:)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Went through all buggery and I guess I see your point spacep0d. Long story short it's been years since the ex left, and my current partner and I are realistic about the future - but we want to spend it together:)
I wish you the best. :) At least you might be better-equipped now to see if someone is taking-advantage of you, as anyone would (hopefully) who's been what you've been through.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I've heard stories where one person cheated due to problems in the relationship, they were caught, the partner then realized where they were going wrong, they go to therapy, and things are worked out. That's fighting for a relationship.

to me, all of that work sounds like it involves sacrificing too many months/years of happiness just to work something out. I'd rather be single and happy most of my days versus some of them. I have it good when I'm single, though, so I am being a bit biased. Most people seem to hate being single... losers >:)
Yeah, but both parties suffer in a break-up, even the person who cheated.

I look at it like this though, if someone is cheating and comes-clean before putting his/her partner's health at-risk, this is more of an honorable thing than cheating on someone long-term and/or unprotected and with multiple partners. There's an opportunity cost here. The person who cheats and tells the partner immediately is giving the partner a real chance to deal with the information in a timely manner, even if continued deception would be easy. This allows the cheated-on partner to exploit new opportunities or try to make it work in the current relationship, with minimal opportunity cost.

Cheating can sometimes be an indicator that there's another problem in the relationship (libido mismatch, one person no longer interested in sex, partner no longer attracted to significant other, etc.). There are some people who lose their libido and expect their partners to live with unplanned celibacy. In a relationship or marriage, this is breach of contract because this wasn't the intention going-in. This would merit a restructuring, but most people won't consciously agree to an open relationship without some traumatic event (cheating) to signal seriousness and intent. The person who loses the libido and doesn't free up the other person to have sex outside the relationship should *expect* the other part to have sex outside the relationship. At that point, the relationship is damaged either way, and infidelity may simply lead to a restructuring of terms (open relationship). While cheating is hurtful to the partner, it's a terrible choice that some partners find themselves making; stay with low/no-libido partner or 'cheat'. Either way, that's hell too and both partners will have to give up something in order to make each other happy.

So, there are many ways to have a relationship, and people just have to stay reasonable. If a person cheats and had a good reason to cheat, then it's reasonable for the person cheated-on to make accommodations or leave. People who cheat should come clean immediately and not put their partner's health at-risk.

The relationship itself, if it's good, shouldn't feel like a fight or a battle. But, there will be pivotal moments when terms change based on unplanned changes. We just have to decide if we can live with the new terms or not. But, nothing is more predictable than change (especially with sometimes volatile and fickle humans), but that's just one of the reasons I will never get married.

141 - 160 of 161 Posts