Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
LOL, if thats the case the bike shop would be open 24/7.
I say most women like something that can't have or other women are striving to get.
Its never 50/50.

·
Registered
190 Posts
This forum is probably a wrong place to ask such type of questions. But if your read the forum closely, you'll find that dudes like girls on a motorcycle.
;)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
What I think of this thread:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
That's the main purpose for me getting a bike. How about you guys?
Wow. So many things wrong with this.

Assuming you're not just trolling, I think you're in for a life of disappointment with this strategy. Women are not men. Some like bikes, but most won't care (as much as you think they should) or will just think they're dangerous, which itself can help them be attracted to you in some rare cases....for the split second they see your anonymous self with helmet and other gear on. You'll just be 'a rider' to them, not 'Jason with the awesome display of power and speed underneath him, on a magical flying steed.'.

Your best bet for meeting women with a bike is to meet women who ride, but because they're as rare as Unicorns, you're in for a lot of competition, and you still need to be the kind of guy that woman likes. But, a lot of guys have this idea, and the competition is fierce.

Basically, I'm not going to get too deep into what I think attracts women (I'm 46 and have had a bit of experience), but your bet is this; just be you. Ride if you want, but getting a bike primarily to attract women is an exercise in futility. Women are also not that simple. A bike isn't going to change whether they like you over someone else. Sometimes, the very act of demonstrating that you like them, however, goes a long way toward them liking you (you become a viable choice). This has nothing to do with bikes, of course, and it's better than you're on the ground talking to them than trying to impress with a motorcycle.

There's some old joke between car guys and I am not sure exactly how it goes...but it's like when you get new wheels on your car and pull up to someone at a light. If it's a woman, she's probably not even going to notice. I can't tell you how many times I've been in my FIAT 500 Abarth (which is lightly modified) and pulled up next to another FIAT...only to find it was a woman who couldn't care less that another FIAT just pulled up next to her. Not even a turn of the head. Guys....now guys tend to notice that stuff and might even notice that the FIAT was an Abarth (and not just a white FIAT with the stripes).

Anyway, there are always exceptions, but if women cared about motorcycles as much as guys there'd be a lot more women riders, but there aren't.

Be you, but be someone that somebody wants to date. And yeah, your height probably has way more to do with a woman wanting to date you than your bike. Sad but true. ;) Understand the biological imperatives of the sexes and you will better-understand the 'game-theory' of male-female attraction and your apparent interest, female sexual-selection.

In the meantime, be yourself. Riding is its own reward, no matter who notices that you do it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I will agree with parts of spacep0ds post, but also will speak from experience.

I'm 19, so take it knowing the experience is limited.
In my opinion, a girl isn't going to marry you because you have a bike, however its likely to be a conversation starter to get the ball rolling, assuming you have the social skills to take it from there.

These here, a Rare BMW color combo, and an Escalade.
I've had them for years, guess how many girls have wanted to talk to me because of them...
My bike? I've put 150 miles on it and had a group of girls come up to me in a parking lot and ask me about it.
So in my personal statistics.... Yes, it will initiate conversation. No they didn't magically get naked and want to marry me.
It's kinda like the infamous dog in the park trick you see in movies, girls don't want you because you have a dog, but it was a tool it initiate contact.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Haha funny topic. Realistically you'll get hit on by more guys than girls with a bike! Enjoy. Haha by hit on I mean recognition/talked to/looked at etc

To be honest I think more people point to my go pro than my bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Nice toys are like bait. Each will catch a different fish. Some will bite. Some will not. The best way to get a girl or boy is to get their attention but the follow up (personality, emotional attraction, you have to make them laugh and keep them happy) is what keeps them. If you're a dud it doesn't matter what you ride or drive.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
If a female wants to talk to you, she'll find any excuse to do it (assuming sufficient courage from the female). But, females are a bit more risk-averse than males, so she'll more-likely make herself available for you to talk to her (gauging your interest). The 'chase' (your interest in her) is part of what attracts her to you, but this has a lot to do with how evolution shaped both males and females. Your ability to approach signals confidence and interest, and this itself is attractive. Relying on a shiny object is passive and less-attractive. This is all just my own experience and opinion, of course. Naturally, females have their own preferences, but simply showing interest and not being totally repugnant is itself attractive, but it also means you're taking the initial risk.

Really, a woman attracted to shiny objects (like a bike) isn't a good precedent anyway, because there's always a shinier object (or a new, shiny object). ;) It's like when men only like women for their looks, because we all know that looks fade and there is always something prettier, younger or simply 'different' around to attract one's attention.

The personality is what talks to you, is your dinner conversation and what could be raising your kids or deciding whether to cheat on you or knows how to argue a point without resorting to crazy emotional manipulation. In my view, the personality is king. Everything else is incidental to that.

Therefore, the bike doesn't matter. I recommend encouraging substance from those you want to pursue and those who you want to attract, and forget the shiny bait. If you're interested in someone, let them know and be willing to take rejection in-stride until you find the right one(s).

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
That's great. There are lots of women in Washington, DC.

If you bought a Ninja 300 solely to attract women, you're going to have a bad time.

You really should have bought a liter bike, probably a S1000RR or R1.

Dave
Or a car...like a baby blue New Beetle convertible (don't even need a turbo). ;)

1 - 20 of 161 Posts