Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was looking around online and found a license plate frame i want... well, its around the $150 and up range... so i said screw that, i can make my own for a quarter of that.

heres my... "idea" of what i want to do (forgive the horrible paint image)

with the brakes flashing before becoming solid when brakes are applied, and the ambers connected to the turn signals.

heres what i plan on using,

http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

and for the brake relay

http://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ment-bulbs/brake-light-strobe-module/195/845/

any tips/advice/comments before i jump into it?

im pretty good with my hands (solder and wires and such)

i think my main concern is where the light wires are on the bike itself, but judging by how many have done the fender eliminator, i am not too concerned, im sure i could figure it out.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right now im having trouble findind a frame i want to use... cant decide on getting a plastic one and drilling it... or making a wood/plastic one from scratch. i think ill hit up some craft shops tomorrow.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
839 Posts
I would say use a nice thick plastic frame and drill it..
interested in how this turns out for sure!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i like it simple.

i took the 300 out today and hit up about 6 different stores and finally found something that will work (plastic clipboards)!!! woot woot! so once i get the lights in the mail ill start working on it.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fun fact. Once I got home from work I took my plate off to start working on cutting the clipboard. My sister was like hey were going to Costco. Wanna go? I was like yeah! So I hopped on the bike n followed them down there. Then I went on a ride afterwards. About an hour in I stop at Walgreens and realize.... "I DIDNT PUT MY PLATE ON!!" I hit the freeway at 90 and everything. So I went home. Luckily no cops.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I cut out the main frame last night. Didn't take a pic tho. But I have a before one!

Hood Material property Automotive exterior Bumper Car

And just received confirmation that my LEDs and relay have arrived in my doorstep. I think I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Smoke break. And the plans have changed a little bit. Here's some pics so far.

Table Folding chair Furniture Chair Sunlounger

The blue piece I am ending up just using as a template. I went to a train store and found some plastic.

Wood Finger Plywood Wood stain Luthier

Making the corners.

Wall Plaster Material property Ceiling Room

Material property Wood Paper Flooring Wood stain

It'll make sense once you see the rest. Once I get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.