·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was planning to buy either of the below disc locks:

1. Abus Granit Victory X-Plus 68 Disc Lock
  2. Xena XX-14
How can i find out if they will fit the 300 disc's ?
Would front and rear be the same in terms of fit ?

Also what do you guys think about buying both, i.e. one for front and other for rear. Reviews are good for both and they aint cheap too.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey guys,
I was planning to buy either of the below disc locks:

1. Abus Granit Victory X-Plus 68 Disc Lock
  2. Xena XX-14
How can i find out if they will fit the 300 disc's ?
Would front and rear be the same in terms of fit ?

Also what do you guys think about buying both, i.e. one for front and other for rear. Reviews are good for both and they aint cheap too.

The XX14 fits. I know for sure because I've seen images of it used on both front and back wheels of the Ninja 300 here on the forums. I got mine on Amazon for $73.00 which is a fair bit cheaper than other places.

Not sure on the abus, though I shied away from buying one of the Abus models myself due to seeing how easily one had been removed from a bike. It seems like some models had a flaw.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I whole heardedly recommend the XX-14. It's a great lock and like said above, it certainly fits both discs. I personally only lock up my rear wheel but there's no harm in locking both. Whatever makes your bike look like it'll take longer than desired to steal it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure on the abus, though I shied away from buying one of the Abus models myself due to seeing how easily one had been removed from a bike. It seems like some models had a flaw.
where did you see it easily removed ? I only have read good reviews about it.. both are same price on amazon i might get two of xena's.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Save some money. I use the Xena XX-14 lock with the coated cable and adapter. I wouldn't buy 2 Xena's. One is alway gonna be going off when you are putting them on or taking them off. The motion alarm works very well. Look at my pictures in my ablum. It shows the lock in my rear rotor and the cable thru my front tire. The XX-14 fits both rotors and is the biggest (shank) you can use. I picked up the lock on ebay (USA) and the cable from the Motorcycle Superstore (USA) they had the cheapest prices. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=390565955413&siteId=0&isClassified=false

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=390565955413&siteId=0&isClassified=false

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey mate. I have the Xena 14. Works perfectly on the front disc. And it's loud enough to catch the attention of people around should someone be stupid enough to play with my baby too much. Thumbs up from me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Agreed! The Xena XX14 is AWESOME. I use it on both my Ducati and the 300. Whenever I go somewhere and plan to park for more than a few minutes (say, over an hour) I put that sucker on. I have demo'ed it for curious bystanders and other riders and everyone is always impressed with how loud it is. Definitely worth the money. If nothing else, it is PEACE OF MIND, and that is a priceless thing.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The only thing that worries me about the Xena is that it's very easy to muffle. There have been quite a few times where I get hung up trying to get the lock off and can just cup it with my hand to almost mute the alarm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts