Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike was originally stalling in neutral and first with the revs dipping down to 1k and it just cutting out when at stop lights.
Took it to a mechanic and the fuse plug had somehow come loose and was the reason for the misfires. Spark plugs replaced and new fuel and was riding smoothly again.

I haven't riden the bike in maybe 3 weeks now I'm seeming to notice again the bike revs dipping to the 1k when stopped. At one point setting of in first the revs blipped up without my throttle input.

I currently put 95 fuel in and wondering if this is from the bike sitting for that long or something else??

·
Registered
520 Posts
Fuel could be bad if it has been in there a while. Fresh fuel and a strong fuel system cleaner may help.

A low battery can cause odd running problems as well. Before starting the next time, check the battery voltage. It should be over 12.7V if it's fully charged. With electronics and F.I., most newer engines don't like low battery voltage.

I would run just the standard "Regular" octane gas in your area.

·
Registered
446 Posts
What year is the bike? If I recall correctly, there was a recall on ECUs for the 2013(?) year where the DFCO was set too aggressive and the bike would stall like this. Maybe see if you could run the VIN and check for open recalls. The Kawi owner's site should have a place to input the VIN to check.
Idle screw would be my second guess. Does the bike idle fine? Idle speed should be 1300(+/-50) RPM when warmed up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What year is the bike? If I recall correctly, there was a recall on ECUs for the 2013(?) year where the DFCO was set too aggressive and the bike would stall like this. Maybe see if you could run the VIN and check for open recalls. The Kawi owner's site should have a place to input the VIN to check.
Idle screw would be my second guess. Does the bike idle fine? Idle speed should be 1300(+/-50) RPM when warmed up.
2014 according to my rego. It seems to idle fine when starting and warmed up, it seems to be once Im starting to ride in traffic.

·
Registered
446 Posts
2014 according to my rego. It seems to idle fine when starting and warmed up, it seems to be once Im starting to ride in traffic.
I've got a 2015, so I don't know first-hand what the ECU DFCO issue looked like, but from the descriptions I've seen, that sounds similar. Might want to check for ECU recalls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts