Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I started noticing that my bike makes a different noise when I turn the key to the on position. I took a video of it but it is kind of hard to hear (I was in a parking garage) so you might have to watch it a few times to know what I mean. It almost sounds like a stuttering noise as opposed to just the normal sound when I first got it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dow8z31rbswviyj/2013-05-05 15.30.58.mov

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I watched it about 10 times with my volume at full blast............couldnt hear a thing. I think you will find its just your fuel pump/injectors/fuel system priming/activating............ I wouldnt worry too much about it if everything still runs and works fine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like what it might be, I just thought it was interesting since it didn't start until after 500 miles or so. Sorry about the video, I might need to find someone quieter and put the camera closer.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I watched it about 10 times with my volume at full blast............couldnt hear a thing. I think you will find its just your fuel pump/injectors/fuel system priming/activating............ I wouldnt worry too much about it if everything still runs and works fine.
I find that I only hear the priming noise when I flip on the kill switch with the bike in neutral as opposed to if I had the bike in 1st gear and flip it on.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I don't quite understand. Why would it sound different if the bike was in gear and kill switch was off? Just curious :confused:
Your FI wont prime. Try it yourself next time you are near your bike. Activate the killswitch and turn on your ignition. Nothing, or not the normal noise anyway. Then repeat with your killswitch off and you will hear it prime.

You worry yourself too much Muilisx.......:cool:

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Your FI wont prime. Try it yourself next time you are near your bike. Activate the killswitch and turn on your ignition. Nothing, or not the normal noise anyway. Then repeat with you killswitch off and you will hear it prime.

You worry yourself too much Muilisx.......:cool:
Will do!

Not worried at all man, just was curious why it would sound different :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't quite understand. Why would it sound different if the bike was in gear and kill switch was off? Just curious :confused:
The reason is because the bike is made to start in nuetral so it primes to get ready for a start. It has no reason to prime in gear because you wouldnt start itvin gear unless you pull in clutch.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
The reason is because the bike is made to start in nuetral so it primes to get ready for a start. It has no reason to prime in gear because you wouldnt start itvin gear unless you pull in clutch.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Checked this out today, and sure enough, how cool :)

Fuel pump won't prime if kill switch is off. If I turn the battery on and have the kill switch off, I don't hear anything, but if I flip it to on, you then hear the fuel pump prime. Coolio :D

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Checked this out today, and sure enough, how cool :)

Fuel pump won't prime if kill switch is off. If I turn the battery on and have the kill switch off, I don't hear anything, but if I flip it to on, you then hear the fuel pump prime. Coolio :D
if you had a wiring diagram for the bike you would see it more clearly how the electrical system works, well, that depends if you know how to read a wiring diagram or not;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts