Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and my buddy both have 300s I have the 2013 ninja 300 with abs he has a 2017. We we’re out in a group ride last night and his bike seems like a completely different bike then mine. Seems faster more powerful and everything. Keep in mind he is not only taller but like at least 90 lbs heavier then me. I’m 5’7 150 he’s like 6’3 210. He says his ninja is all stock and mine is aswell. I have a Dynojet power commander v in mine any possibility to get a better top end with that?

·
Registered
49 Posts
One of the oldest tricks in the book! The guy who kicks your ass says his bike is “totally stock“ …. LOL

If it indeed is, then his performance shows your bike is not tuned right. Could your Power Commander be the problem? Why do you have a PC with a stock bike? His bike is proof you don’t need it. Try removing it back to stock and see what happens.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Or buy this with your PC tuned for it and blow his doors off!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the oldest tricks in the book! The guy who kicks your ass says his bike is “totally stock“ …. LOL

If it indeed is, then his performance shows your bike is not tuned right. Could your Power Commander be the problem? Why do you have a PC with a stock bike? His bike is proof you don’t need it. Try removing it back to stock and see what happens.
Yeah he showed our riding group it was all stock previous owner said he ended up just choosing one of the random maps that came with it so maybe something in the pc

·
Registered
654 Posts
So me and my buddy both have 300s I have the 2013 ninja 300 with abs he has a 2017. We we’re out in a group ride last night and his bike seems like a completely different bike then mine. Seems faster more powerful and everything. Keep in mind he is not only taller but like at least 90 lbs heavier then me. I’m 5’7 150 he’s like 6’3 210. He says his ninja is all stock and mine is aswell. I have a Dynojet power commander v in mine any possibility to get a better top end with that?
I would say your PC is not tuned properly.

If yours is completely stock, I don't see a need for the PC. Remove it if possible, and see how it acts.

·
Registered
654 Posts
^ I thought you said yours was stock?

I see a pipe and pod filters.

That changes things...

You are going to want to search for maps for the PC that better compensate for your modifications. Best way is to dyno test, but that may not be an option for you.

·
Administrator
3,467 Posts
Interesting. The bike has nice mods like pipe, air pods, clip-on's, levers and even an aftermarket top triple golden nut, but it still has the stock rear tire. :)
You missed the curb feelers on the pegs. :LOL:

The side cowlings have a bit of rash and the tail section doesn't match, so I'm wondering if something was damaged when that happened. Also, either that's not a 2013 ABS model, or the cowlings & tank have been replaced because the 2013 ABS model only came in lime green with the special edition graphics. I know that because everyone tried to get me to get the ABS model but I am not a fan of the green, so went with the non-ABS in ebony.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts