Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first video review ever! Hope you all like it!

Its a tad long, but that's because I have a bunch of separate mods I did that I lumped into one video.

Review of :

-Kawasaki touring bubble windshield
-ICON- primer tank bag
Hotgrips (heated grips) model : 475-875 for a 7/8" bar 4.75" long
Cigarette plug
Tank pad from http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/StoreFront.bok

Here is the video:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Awesome mate!!
The bubble shield looks sick, can't believe how much of a difference 30mm makes
Think il get one :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
What exactly is a bubble shield? What does it do?
Btw saw the video, nice :D
Was also first to like it xD (so now I'm special) lol :p

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha! thanks!

The bubble windshield is just how its shaped, its not oval like the stock one, it bubbles up directing the wind away from your face. Its also a bit taller. works wonders in a very subtle way

·
Registered
103 Posts
How/where did you wire the cig lighter?
Im looking for power for my gps but not sure where to mount the socket

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I wired it to the battery, directly, it runs in the middle of the fork, to the side of the tank, and along that cross member that runs the length of the bike, then to under the seat.

I also installed one of those in line fuse things on both the lighter and the heated grips, just in case. I used a 10amp fuse on the heated grips and a 15 on the cigarette plug.

I mounted the socked to the right of the gauge cluster, you can see it in the vid. You just have to angle it correctly so it doenst interfere with the brake. or the clutch if yo put it on that side. turn the steering all the way in that direction, plug something into your cigarette plug(to moch up positioning) and play with the angle of it.

Also this location may not be the best, there may be more location thats better? didnt think to hard about it, Where I have it, i have to rubber band the wires to my gps so they dont fall between the forks and cause havoc with my steering and pulling things out where they shouldnt.

once you pull the plastics off it becomes really obvious as to where all the wires go.
Tear into it, if you still have a problem lemme know and I'll try to find the time to pull the plastic back off and show you.

Reactions: oXiDe321

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just had a question on another post, SO I figure I'd post it here too.

He asked what the little switch did.
What it does is control the heated grips, push the switch up and the grips are on hi, put it in the middle, the grips on off, and down, the grips are on low.

With hotgrips heated grips you can get a model that has an infinite variable controller on them, so the switch I have is replaced with a knob for infinite heat adjustment, and it comes with a different resistor.

WHILE I am on the topic of the resistor, the resistor only gets hot when the grips are on low. mount the resistor in a place away from wires and plastic, on a solid metal sirface, it doesnt matter were to be honest, as long as its away from things that can melt or deform.

Reactions: oXiDe321

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Makes sense, I thought the stock grips were longer on the throttle end for some reason to take that room out lol well... I still may fix it ;D Thanks for the heads up!

I actually just got in my rear spools and bar ends on the bike. Didn't think a review was necessary, kawigirl already did one on them I believe.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
How long does it take to heat up the grips, after my ride to work today I either need to buy some new gloves or possibly mod my bike, or maybe both :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Both, duh! lol its takes all of maybe 45 seconds and they are almost fully heated, I turn them on when I start my bike, put my gear on and saddle up. and they are already warm.

also depends on if u start them in high or low, i start them in low just so i dont forget if i put it in high to turn it to low before pulling out of the lot.

If you put it on high it heats up even quicker.

a good 45 sec to a minute is a good rule of thumb id say.

Also, idk if you have big hands, but i have medum sized hands and the grip is larger in diameter than the stock grip, its something to get used to, at first it fealt liek my hands where getting tired from holding the grip, but in reality it was just because i am stretching my thumb a little more than it was before and i wasnt used to it.
I did some stretches with my hands over a week or two and they gained more flexibility and now I have no issue at all.

thats my only gripe, well kinda gripe lol not really..

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I just hate adding switches to a bike, they just look so unnatural, if I could find a concealable yet convenient space this might be doable..

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well thats most defiantly hard to do... I went for the convenient option... and put them on my dash... that way if i wanted to adjust them while riding the steerign would not be effected.
However. make a custom bracket and attach it to one of the frame rails within where the fork is, just below the plastics there is one that would work, not sure about fitment though, i'll try to shoot a video tonight and post it here for you with my idea.. but you would for sure be making a custom bracket to mount the switch, they are designed to fit on a dash lol not on the side of a pipe ;D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok sorry for the wait cbzdel! lol but I actually mad e a bunch of video's that i posted in another thread, thins ones for you though.. I wanted to make a video so everyone can see what I mean, not read it, sometimes visuals are better.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Awesome Thanks! I think a push button switch on the inside of the fairing might be good.. I the grips are two setting right? is one temp preferred over the other?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well they are 3 setting kind of, low, high and off. I dont think a rocker switch would be bad, a push button would work, I have bounced between low and high a LOT depending on the time of day etc.. Colder at night so i go on high, but warmer during the day so i use low..

I would still say get a rocker switch. if you want, get a lighted one? as long as its 3 position, off, low, and high.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts