Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
im sure this subject has been post over and over again...
but, i am brand new to riding and owning 2 wheels... had a CBR 125 for two weeks to learn and purchased 2013 SE ABS Ninja 300 right after. So plz leave out the negative comments for posting yet another "slip on" post as i am really excited about the bike and wanna get the right fit for what im looking for.
only thing i wanna do with the bike is to get an exhaust to get rid of that stock sound however what im looking for is something that is not TOO loud that wouldnt fit the bikes appearance (understand its a 300cc, not trying to make it sound like a 1000cc bike)
ive spent hours on youtube trying to decide between the obvious options:
yosh, m4, ark, delk... list goes on
my question is to anyone that can help... what would be my best choice to get bit beefier sound out of the 300?
thanks

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
They all sound the same. Its the engine. You can get it louder buy getting a full system. You will not get that deep throat sounding exhaust note.

Every exhaust i've heard sounds like a lawnmower.

i have full yoshi and its sounds like a lawnmower

·
Registered
585 Posts
I had two brothers, and it's not too loud.

Had some compliments from others that it sounds pretty good.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
check out this thread for a lot of information and opinions on the subject.

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/for...ssories/89345-best-sounding-slip-exhaust.html

I recently ordered a musarri exhaust because I liked the sound and look of it (plus I did't want to spend a bunch on money on just a slip-on) Should be here in the next few days. If your still looking I'll give you my opinion of it once i get it on and ride with it a little bit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i agree that they all sound more or less the same--throaty roar at low rpms and like a screaming scooter at highway speeds. get one that's visually pleasing, i got a yoshi carbon fiber slip-on and it looks great! lol

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
My full Yosh sounds like a tough lawnmower, but yeah I am not a fan of the parallel twin sound. ;) But, a slip-on will sound better, be lighter and afford more right boot clearance too. I got my full-Yosh (plus tune) for the power boost as well.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
mine pretty much sounds like that but louder.

Keep in mine he is doing it under some kind of canopy enclosure so the sound resonates differently than if it were outside in the street.

Don't let the vid fool you, yours won't sound like that unless you are inside a tunnel. How often are you in a tunnel?

i personally like the sound of the stock at higher revs but the can looks like shyt.

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
im sure this subject has been post over and over again...
but, i am brand new to riding and owning 2 wheels... had a CBR 125 for two weeks to learn and purchased 2013 SE ABS Ninja 300 right after. So plz leave out the negative comments for posting yet another "slip on" post as i am really excited about the bike and wanna get the right fit for what im looking for.
only thing i wanna do with the bike is to get an exhaust to get rid of that stock sound however what im looking for is something that is not TOO loud that wouldnt fit the bikes appearance (understand its a 300cc, not trying to make it sound like a 1000cc bike)
ive spent hours on youtube trying to decide between the obvious options:
yosh, m4, ark, delk... list goes on
my question is to anyone that can help... what would be my best choice to get bit beefier sound out of the 300?
thanks

No matter how anyone tries, a 300 will never sound like a inline 4 bike. Sorry, made me chuckle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have been happy with the Misarri Carbon Fiber. Spent a lot of time researching the best exhaust for the $ and this was what I decided on. Deeper tone and louder than stock but not too loud, I've never taken out the silencer.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have an M4 on my 300 and LOVE it! Little bit of a gravely sound to it and I get many compliments on how nice it sounds without being obnoxiously whiney. To each their own though. Mines also carbon fiber.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Don't get the Delk, it's just rediculously loud. I like having the extra room for my right boot but I usually can only stand it for about a week before I go back to stock again.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is there a slip-on that doesn't mess up the power band negatively?

I've read that just a slip on robs a pony or two download and maybe adds 1 or 2 up top.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cheapest slip on for our 300's?

I have a new 2015 300 ABS and I'm looking for a slip on that is cheap but is nice and decent.

I saw on this forum that the Coffman Shorty exhaust is $199. Sounds nice the only thing is that you have to drill a whole on your exhaust to install it.
Is there a different exhaust for around $199 that is pretty decent and that uses just a regular clamp/bracket type installation so you don't have to dill a hole on your exhaust.

Youtube audio clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H07R4tJ07c

Coffman's website
http://coffmansexhaust.com/shop/product-category/ninja-300/

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
The topic of slip on's and exhausts have been discussed several times. Please use the search feature

1 - 20 of 33 Posts