Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here can describe a bit what the bike will sound like decat but with the stock exhaust?
Also, anyone aware of an aftermarket header that fits the stock exhaust?
I like the look of the stock exhaust and also doesn't want the loudness of an aftermarket full exhaust. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Sounds no different really, a tad bit throatier/deeper, but only very slightly.

Arrow I believe do a aftermarket header for the 300, that will connect to the stock muffler, did see one a long time ago when I was looking. Most companies you will have trouble with trying to get them to sell you a header only, they always want to palm you off the most expensive part of the system with it, being the can itself. You only have to look at the differences in price from slip on to full system to see that the headers dont cost all that much, so they try and sell them to you as a complete full system to score the extra couple hundred bucks on the muffler.

I did have some luck with 2bros though, they were willing to sell me a header only, noting that modification would need to be done to make it compatable with the stock muffler.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff. The sound u described is exactly what I am hoping for.
Yeh, I'm aware that Arrow makes an aftermarket header, just not sure if it will fit the stock exhaust. I couldn't find any info that verifies that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts