Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to make my bike my own here, and trying to picture what a couple decals would look like on it to decide between them. Can anyone photoshop them onto the pic of my bike? I was thinking the lower front fairing to break up all the white space. Opinions are welcome and help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Maybe get something unique that's you and not a cliche character. And yeah the batman logo has been done already.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I guess im not super concerned with having a repeated look with my bike, i have yet to see anyone in person with that look or even a 300 at all. its not like im putting a monster logo on it! hahaha. but im definitely not set on anything yet just thought these would look good with the black and white style.

I like the idea of the spider on top, except i want to keep my tank pad there and i think they would be too close to each other. although that does sound pretty legit!

Idk how people can think of designs, the only thing ive thought of that i would really like on there has apparently been done quite a bit haha

·
Registered
805 Posts
I guess im not super concerned with having a repeated look with my bike, i have yet to see anyone in person with that look or even a 300 at all. im definitely not set on anything yet just thought these would look good with the black and white style.

I like the idea of the spider on top, except i want to keep my tank pad there and i think they would be too close to each other. although that does sound pretty legit!

Idk how people can think of designs, the only thing ive thought of that i would really like on there has apparently been done quite a bit haha
Lol it takes time but itll come to you I just gave my bike a custom paintjob myself and a decal only a handful of people ever recognize its really good when you find something unique to you although if you love bat and spidey no reason not to do it even if its been done before just make it your own

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol it takes time but itll come to you I just gave my bike a custom paintjob myself and a decal only a handful of people ever recognize its really good when you find something unique to you although if you love bat and spidey no reason not to do it even if its been done before just make it your own
Yeah I saw yours, it looks awesome! I don't think I have the confidence to go that extreme, just wanted something relatively easy/inexpensive to set me apart from the stock look and feed my mod hunger :)
My first bike, I plan on having it for a while so Im sure it will get changed a couple times once I play around a little more with paint and more difficult mods, was just looking for opinions and maybe someone could show me how they would look with photoshop or something since I am inept with the program haha

Really really cool bike by the way, that blue looks great! I know the logo is from final fantasy, forget what exactly what part though :p

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yeah I saw yours, it looks awesome! I don't think I have the confidence to go that extreme, just wanted something relatively easy/inexpensive to set me apart from the stock look and feed my mod hunger :)
My first bike, I plan on having it for a while so Im sure it will get changed a couple times once I play around a little more with paint and more difficult mods, was just looking for opinions and maybe someone could show me how they would look with photoshop or something since I am inept with the program haha

Really really cool bike by the way, that blue looks great! I know the logo is from final fantasy, forget what exactly what part though :p
Lol thanks and its from final fantasy 8. I never thought id do it either im a complete novice. This is also my first bike. Istarted off small first I painted my windscreen black then added my decal then did my DIY fender eliminator. Truth be told my uncle and my dog passed away within the last two weeks In a way I needed trying this to keep me sane ya know? If you ever wanted to try and do a paint scheme try ordering some plasti dip if you dont like the way it looks you just peel it off lol.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The spider on the tank idea:your tank pad could be the back of the spider(its ass)just a thought.I plan on doing decals only once all my mods are on and that's still a long way away.this is supposed to be a baby zx10 so I'm gonna make it look like a racing baby zx10.performance branding stickers at a slight slant wih a black diagonal stripe across the side fairing.still in the thought process though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol thanks and its from final fantasy 8. I never thought id do it either im a complete novice. This is also my first bike. Istarted off small first I painted my windscreen black then added my decal then did my DIY fender eliminator. Truth be told my uncle and my dog passed away within the last two weeks In a way I needed trying this to keep me sane ya know? If you ever wanted to try and do a paint scheme try ordering some plasti dip if you dont like the way it looks you just peel it off lol.

I hear ya, it is definitely something that can take your attention away from everything else for a period of time, for the better or for the worse haha. But yeah thats not a bad idea, i used some plasti dip on my windscreen and it turned out.. well after 3 attempts it was acceptable haha. But I do like how reversible it is, I may give it some more time and try and design something myself

·
Registered
805 Posts
I hear ya, it is definitely something that can take your attention away from everything else for a period of time, for the better or for thez worse haha. But yeah thats not a bad idea, i used some plasti dip on my windscreen and it turned out.. well after 3 attempts it was acceptable haha. But I do like how reversible it is, I may give it some more time and try and design something myself
Its always worth a shot even without plasti dip all it takes is a little sanding and mistakes are easily corrected of course that stardust effect will be gone but I dont miss it one bit lol

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Its always worth a shot even without plasti dip all it takes is a little sanding and mistakes are easily corrected of course that stardust effect will be gone but I dont miss it one bit lol

Not a fan of the sparkles?

:p

I do like the pearl effect in the white though, love pearl paints. Did you throw up the idea of a pearl effect over the top of the blue? I know I have seen just standard pearl in clear that comes in a spraycan/pressure pack.........

Love that your making it unique though, awesome job mate.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Not a fan of the sparkles?

:p

I do like the pearl effect in the white though, love pearl paints. Did you throw up the idea of a pearl effect over the top of the blue? I know I have seen just standard pearl in clear that comes in a spraycan/pressure pack.........

Love that your making it unique though, awesome job mate.
I like the pearl effect but touching it up is a pain if you want it to look right. Itd probably look nice over the blue but to be honest I have no idea how id go about doing that. Btw OP tomorrow ill see about photoshopping some decals for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like the pearl effect but touching it up is a pain if you want it to look right. Itd probably look nice over the blue but to be honest I have no idea how id go about doing that. Btw OP tomorrow ill see about photoshopping some decals for you.

Spray it with some clear and sprinkle dust flakes into it wet.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
now this ^^^^ is a cool idea:cool:
I agree, maybe if I still put it on the side like I was planning and added like web designs on the sides as well? I just don't want to remove the tank pad really. I do like that idea!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I agree, maybe if I still put it on the side like I was planning and added like web designs on the sides as well? I just don't want to remove the tank pad really. I do like that idea!
now if your bike was red, you could just about do a "spiderman" theme to it:cool:

ooohhhh yes!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts